Hey all.

I'm in the market for a new guitar.

I'm looking at either a Epiphone Dot Studio or Epiphone Les Paul Custom.

I play the likes of Oasis, The Verve, Pearl Jam, Kasabian, Zeppelin, Floyd.

Which would you reccomend for an Oasis/british sound?

Cheers.
Fender USA Standard Stratocaster
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonerider British Distortion
Tonerider American Overdrive
Boss DD7
Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker
Treble Booster.
Well Oasis used a lot of Epiphone semi-hollow body guitars (as I recall, Noel even had a signature Epiphone), so the Dot Studio would be a better choice.

Really of the bands you listed, Led Zeppelin would benefit more from the solidbody sound of the Les Paul, but all the others would likely be better with the semi-hollow Dot.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
They're completely different guitars really.
If you want a semi hollow then get the dot, if you want a solid body then get a LP.
I'm not sure how you can compare the two but, keep in mind that a sloid body will be much more versatile.
Here's somethin radical. Quit payin for the brand name by buyin a Les Paul. So much better to get a Fender or a Jackson or somethin. You pay for the guitar, not the brand name. All Gibsons cost more than they should.
For what you play, a hollow body sounds good. Don't get the dot studio, though. save up some more money and get a dot standard or even a nice Tokai.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
You know visiting this thread again, I had a brainwave; try an Epi LP Ultra or Ultra-II. They're Les Pauls that are heavily chambered, so their tone is about halway between a regular solid body and a semi-hollow (in fact, they're a semi-hollow but smaller and without the open f-holes). The Ultra-II also comes with an active pickup just above the neck pickup and an on-board EQ, that allows you to blend the electric guitar tones with mroe acoustic tones, which coudl be really good for the sort of music you're describing.

The only problem is both the Ultra and Ultra-II cost a fair bit more than a regular Standard, and the Ultra-II's extra electronics make it a real pain to change pickups or fix. It's barely been out for 12 months and already I've heard lots of horror stories of people trying to swap pickups in an Ultra-II or even just repair some bad soldering, and it screwing the guitar up totally. The regular Ultra though has always been problem-free.

Quote by rockhardmetal
All Gibsons cost more than they should.
Well that's okay because he's not talking about buying a Gibson.

Quote by LP51122
For what you play, a hollow body sounds good. Don't get the dot studio, though. save up some more money and get a dot standard or even a nice Tokai.
I tried both the regular and Studio out before getting one, and I ended up going with the Studio. Maybe you've had a different experience, but when I was trying them out, the Studio was much better - a rarity, since most 'Studio' models are infinitely worse than their Standard equivilents. But with the Studio, the satin neck with no inlays really helped provide smoother playability, and the thinner finish and the simplier volume and tone controls gave a much more natural sound. Overall the Studio played and sounded much better (and of course costs less).

Also, I have a hard-on for necks without inlays
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by rockhardmetal
Here's somethin radical. Quit payin for the brand name by buyin a Les Paul. So much better to get a Fender or a Jackson or somethin. You pay for the guitar, not the brand name. All Gibsons cost more than they should.

Here's something radical. Stop being a tool.