The amp should be fine, right? running an ipod into the clean channel is fine?
"It sounded so good and when i put it on a Line 6 Spider with a Zoom guitar efect petal it sounded so good" - Dean SplitTail review on musicians friend
As long as it is the line level, and not the power amp.
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
I don't know about that, but if you put headphones on the pickups of a guitar and play music it'll play through the amp... Does that help? haha
Quote by eds1275
I don't know about that, but if you put headphones on the pickups of a guitar and play music it'll play through the amp... Does that help? haha

hey i discovered the same thing for myself accidentally!

ok to do with the topic, well start with the ipod really quiet, and then make it louder so you know the amp will be fine.
If you can do it with a bass amp. The speakers are more durable.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Quote by Epic_chef
The amp should be fine, right? running an ipod into the clean channel is fine?

May I ask how you hooked it up?
Quote by ub3r_bassist666
If you can do it with a bass amp. The speakers are more durable.

Preach. Guitar amps aren't supposed to put out certain frequencies, ultra-bassy ones are among them. If you can, mess up the EQ so that a good chunk of the lows are taken out. It'll sound worse, but it's so that your amp won't later.
Quote by tona_107
May I ask how you hooked it up?

ipod ---> a 1/8inch to 1/8inch cable, with the male connectors on both ends, and then finally a 1/8inch to 1/4 inch connection into the amp
"It sounded so good and when i put it on a Line 6 Spider with a Zoom guitar efect petal it sounded so good" - Dean SplitTail review on musicians friend
It's not a particularly good idea - it won't sound all that great and there's a chance you'll damage something.

Buy some speakers ffs.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I run my Ipod through my guitar pickups occasionally, and i havent seen any speaker deterioration, even though I usualy turn it up really loud. Yeah, its probably not good for it in the long run, but if you plan on getting a new amp soon and dont plan on using it much longer, you should be fine.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
All the amps I have seen with CD in the plug is where the FX loop would be. The signal levels of an Ipod and a guitar are very different. If your amp was meant for this use it would have the CD input.
I do it all the time for playing along with backing tracks. Of course, I don't plug it into my KICKASS VALVEKING, but I plug it into my shitty-ass MG100. That's all that amp is good for. However, if you want a new affordable, awesome tube amp, definitely check out the Peavey Valveking.
I plug my Ipod in through a CD In jack, and it's seem to have had no effect so far.

Yes crappy MG :P
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.