I am going to join the police force but i need to be fit. Advice please?

hey people! I am going to join the police force next year but i need to pass certain tests in order to get in the royal police college.

I have to run 2.4km in under 11 minutes.. I also have to do 34 non stop correct push ups. I can almost do 25........

I have looked online for advice but no luck. Does anyone know how i can be to fit?

Thanks
Yeah. There's a thread about bodybuilding that I'm sure has a lot of advice related to this in there...

My guess would be to just run every morning? Build up your strength and stuff?

And push ups... Yeah... Same... Just do more everyday till you can do it with your hands tied behind your back.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
You should do a lot of crosstraining. Mix it up with a variety of running, jump roping, sports, calisthenics, crap like that.

Edit: And swimming! Perfect full body workout.
2.4km = 6 laps. You can easily average what, 1:30 minutes per lap? Shouldn't be a problem.
And 34 pushups really isn't that hard.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Fap, gets your fitness through the roof
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
go to track at your local highschool etc. and practice running. Don't just try to get under 11 minutes, but rather, try to stay just above 10:30 or so and you'll be in the clear even if you hit a crappy day. Practice is the only way you can get better when it comes to conditioning. Find out how fast you have to run and then try to maintain that speed.
2.4km is nothing difficult for 11 minutes though, but it's not easy if you hardly run.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by HuckIt
go to track at your local highschool etc. and practice running. Don't just try to get under 11 minutes, but rather, try to stay just above 10:30 or so and you'll be in the clear even if you hit a crappy day. Practice is the only way you can get better when it comes to conditioning. Find out how fast you have to run and then try to maintain that speed.
2.4km is nothing difficult for 11 minutes though, but it's not easy if you hardly run.

i see, do you think it would help if i run 30mins everyday non stop?
Quote by koreandude
i see, do you think it would help if i run 30mins everyday non stop?

I would say 20 minutes would be better, and you can just increase intensity as you get more fit. 30 Minutes will take a whole lot outta ya.
run two hours (or swim for 1 1/2)
llift
pushups ( 4 sets of 25)
situps (6 sets of 25)

repeat as nneeded
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
run two hours (or swim for 1 1/2)
llift
pushups ( 4 sets of 25)
situps (6 sets of 25)

repeat as nneeded

Running for two hours seems like extreme overkill, he's looking to get into shape, not be a marathon runner.
**** that, just start dealing drugs. Sooo much easier.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
If you want I can outline what we do in my sports conditioning class. My two mile time went from 18 mins when I started down to 14.5 minutes.
Quote by Wells-Zeppelin

lol no it doesn't! Otherwise there would be no such thing as fat pr0n addicts.
Hmm, that run time looks difficult for me. For the push-ups, we have to get 45 proper ones in a minute just to pass the test.
just like getting better at guitar, you have to keep working at it to get better.

keep exercising, keep working out, keep your nutrition optimal and just keep going man!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
look up crossfit.

it dosent get better than that.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Afterwards I said to her "Why did you blitz my asshole like that?"

Eat Raw eggs an run up a huge flight of stairs in a grey tracksuit....
PuTTing it StRAIGHt In YOUr MoUTH
A good rule of thumb for the running component is 6 weeks of aerobic work will get you some steady results, and 12 weeks should start really paying off in all levels of your fitness. Also, just because you will have to run 11 minutes on the day, when you want to increase your aerobic capacity you need to maintain a significant heart rate for at least 20 minutes but probably way more for each time you run. And 3 times a week doing this should be enough.

Oh, and for the love of god, if it ever gets too easy, increase your workload! It'll mean you don't plateau in terms of improving, because remember, it's not supposed to be! Good luck for that.
Quote by Wells-Zeppelin

Probbably wont get your fitness through the roof, but you will definately get something on the roof.
Quote by happytimeharry
JASON STATHAM IN:
"STUFF BLOWS UP, CARS DRIVE FAST, AND PEOPLE GET FUCKED!"

*produced and directed by Michael Bay*

Damn, Jason Statham is awesome.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by closetothefuego
nope. it was Vegetius.

it was Brolyus, not Vegetius.

Brolyus' power is maximum.
Take up running, go to the gym, do bodyweight exercises, join a Muay Thai club. That sort of thing.
Here's a good program that will get you fit very quickly.

armynursecorps.amedd.army.mil/army101/fm21_20.pdf
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
first thing is what is your time for the 2.4km? that is a really short distance for 11 mins i can run a 3.2 in under 11 mins when im in ok shape so a 2.4 in that time shouldn't really be a problem. you just need to start running. the first couple of times your gonna be hurting the day after or so but that doesnt mean to stop running and take a break you have to keep going in order to get faster. you should set goals for yourself so you can keep track of your progress. and you need to push yourself when running. run at a good pace not a pace where your confortable at.

and your push ups if you can do a set of 25 pefect push ups just do 3-5 sets of tyhose throughout the day everyday. and in no time at all you should be able to reach the mark of 34. a main thing is you need to remeber to breathe while doing the push ups or it makes it more difficult.

good luck.