Pit, help me please.

if a silicon diode (assume forward voltage drop of 0.7 V) and a 330 kOhm resistor are in parallel what is the current through the 330 kOhm resistor?

I'm fairly certain the voltage drop across R1 is 2V if thats any help. I keep thinking this is a trick question, but I'm stumped and I'm lazy right now... so pit, help me please!
Attachments:
Circuit Diagram.jpg
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Gah, I'm usually not bad at electronics, I'm going to study electrical engineering at uni next year...but I'm doped up on antihistamines right now so I really can't be bothered to do anything intellectual...plus maths/science thread?
Quote by YetAnotherMuso
Gah, I'm usually not bad at electronics, I'm going to study electrical engineering at uni next year...but I'm doped up on antihistamines right now so I really can't be bothered to do anything intellectual...plus maths/science thread?

There's a maths science thread? Well, I'll be damned..
Yeah this is revision for my first year exams for engineering I'm not usually bad either.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by YetAnotherMuso
Yeah, it used to be just maths questions help and stuff but it's now expanded to science questions and stuff. Link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=658547

I can't believe I've never seen that before. I'll try asking there if I don't get any help in this thread.

It's a shame I can't post this in the gear customizing thread because there are a few electronics experts there.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
throwing it into the simulator.....1.23 microamps
the voltage on the diode and the 330k resistor is 406 millivolts

ask me next semester if you want to know why since I haven't taken non-linear elements yet
Quote by seljer
throwing it into the simulator.....1.23 microamps
the voltage on the diode and the 330k resistor is 406 millivolts

ask me next semester if you want to know why since I haven't taken non-linear elements yet

Thank you
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible