lagwagon555
135 IQ
Hey all, I'm going to start learning classical guitar soon. I mostly want to play because I heard Cavatina, and not much else. I assume there's a whole ton of music out there like that, so I'm really excited to start playing.

But I've been doing some browsing for some songs (I will learn from the start obviously) which I could aim to play in the long term, and just listen to. But I have only come across Cavatina, and another song called Claudia's theme. I'll assume everyone has heard Cavatina, so here is the latter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYxj6Ss7oX4&feature=related

I'm not even sure if it's arranged for one guitar or two, but I'm sure there's an arrangement for solo guitar somewhere. But that's the kind of music I really want to play, above Spanish pieces. Is there a certain name for this genre? Apart from 'soundtrack', I know they are both movie soundtracks, but that isn't what makes me like them so much. In fact I haven't seen The Deer Hunter or Unforgiven, it's just the music I like. Has anyone got any similar songs, or artists, or anywhere to point me? Thanks for any suggestions!
say5ss2
The Jester
146 IQ
Acoustic Alchemy
Jackson Pro Series DK2M Dinky
Ibanez GRG 270
Ibanez Tone Blaster 25R
Zoom G2
DigiTech Rp50
tyler_j
^ The **** who tyler_j is
3,409 IQ
hey TS, do you have a location for that Claudia's Theme tab? I can't find it and it sounds awesome!
lagwagon555
135 IQ
Hey man, I've been listening to some Acoustic Alchemy on youtube, man I'm really liking it, might go and buy a few CDs. Thanks for the great suggestion. And no, I don't have any tabs for Claudia's Theme, I know there's sheet music, which I'm going to buy when I'm up to that level. And I agree, it's such a great song.

Any others, people?
GlobeBkk
36 IQ
There are quite a few tabs for claudia's theme at 911tabs but you need guitar pro
GlobeBkk
36 IQ
here's some of the intro if you want to have a play around with it, obviously I didint put the timing into the tab so figure it out yourself

e--------------------------------------9-------------------------------------------------
B--9-9-10-12--10------10-10-12---12-10-9-----9-9-10-12--10----------------

e-----------------12--11-------11-9---------------------------------------------------
B---10-10-12------------12---------10------12--10--9------9-9-10-12-10-------

e-----------------9---------------------------------------------------------12--11-----
B----10-10-12--------12--10--9-----9-9-10-12--10-----10-10-12-----------12--

e---11-9-------------------------
B----------10------12-10--9---
11yunited
UG Hobo
325 IQ
I'd actually really appreciate it if you tabbed that out in full sometime. It's beautiful.. and so elegantly simple.
captivate
d[-.-]b Asian Audiophile.
1,602 IQ
Andrew York - Waiting for Dawn.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
sheumack111
UG Board King
591 IQ
Quote by Jeffmo929
Diary of a Madman- Randy Rhoads (Ozzy)

Type into youtube "Brouwer Etude VI"... You will be shocked.... I wonder where randy got the intro from?!!
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.