Depending on what note you're designating as the root, it could be;
C Major
D Dorian
E Phrygian
F Lydian
G Mixolydian
A Aeolian
B Locrian

Yea, those are modes aye, not scales. Learn your shit before trying to be clever.

And "Major" wouldn't be the name of the first one, it would be "Ionian".
Modes and scales are the same thing numbnuts. Know what you're talking about before talking trash.
talking trash...haha you a wrestler?

its a C Major scale mate, so stick that up ur candy ass.

its fairly obvious he's a beginner and didn't need every single mode it could be
Quote by seth's daddy
Modes and scales are the same thing numbnuts. Know what you're talking about before talking trash.

No.... modes are rearranged scales.... not the same thing. Scales refer to a collection of diatonic notes. The concept of modes refers to those scales being rearranged with the tonic, supertonic, mediant, etc being different notes in the scale, but the intervals remain the same so the actual notes stay the same. Modes are like subclassifications of scales, granted they are a part of scales but they certainly aren't the same thing.

F*cking moron.
Gee, I guess they taught me wrong in music school, huh. The Phrygian mode is a scale. The Locrian mode is a scale, and so on.
So go piss up a rope loser.
Quote by seth's daddy
Gee, I guess they taught me wrong in music school, huh. The Phrygian mode is a scale. The Locrian mode is a scale, and so on.
So go piss up a rope loser.

Modes are scales, but they're scales played in a certain specific order. I never said modes weren't scales, I just said they weren't the same thing. Which they aren't. Scales are a more broad term than modes, it's just that simple. Scales are collections of diatonic notes starting on any root. Modes are those same diatonic notes played starting on a specific root note.

Or don't listen and have an open mind and see if I give a shit.
Quote by seth's daddy
blah blah blah, you're still a dumbass.

Not even going to bother getting into this because I would rather be the one that walks away still interested in learning from other people if they provide me with decent information.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Not even going to bother getting into this because I would rather be the one that walks away still interested in learning from other people if they provide me with decent information.

Don't feed the troll man.

And yes, that'd be C Major.
^
since when was posting the correct answer to a question "trolling"?

Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Modes are scales, but they're scales played in a certain specific order. I never said modes weren't scales, I just said they weren't the same thing. Which they aren't. Scales are a more broad term than modes, it's just that simple. Scales are collections of diatonic notes starting on any root. Modes are those same diatonic notes played starting on a specific root note.

Or don't listen and have an open mind and see if I give a shit.

No, modes are scales with a specific tonal centre and a unique pattern of intervals, it';s got nothing to do with the "order". Seeing as the TS didn't give any other information the pattern could be C major or any of its relative modes. All modes are scales, but not all scales are modes.

C major is arguably most likely and what I'd tend to call that pattern in the absence of any context, but the other possibilities are equally valid.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Oct 28, 2008,