will the new guitar hero recording feature stop people learning the real thing?

Page 1 of 2
i'm sure most of aware of the new guitar hero game (world tour) and it has a new feature which allows you to record your own songs and share them etc. i enjoy guitar hero games, but there are many people who will not bother learning the real thing because the game is easier and now you can make your own songs (which is gonna be easier on the game).

thankfully the quality of sound of these recordings isnt very good. but i have no doubt it will improve.
people will be like "why should i learn guitar and take time to bcome good and write songs when i can play guitar hero and be good in 10 mins and record and share my songs"

so will it cause less people to bother with the real thing? obviously it will never stop people altogether from learning the real thing.
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Quote by EnyoAdonai
/thread?

Yes.
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
Quote by EnyoAdonai
/thread?

Pretty much.
..is a girl
Quote by RPGoof
WAT
How about just send a ship at the speed up light directly to the sun, and the gravity will pull it towards the sun, thus speeding it over the speed of light.

No.

It's not even going to be that easy to make your own songs on GH, especially if you don't really know any musical theory. It's probably easier to pick up three or four chords on a real guitar and make a couple of simple songs if you really want to.
Quote by nosushi4you
It doesn't. I like jerking off, but I'm sure as hell not gonna do it with my Dad.
Quote by punkrocker10115
I <3 you!
Yes it is!
Second one to me

Kids, drugs are dangerous. Stay safe.
I don't get it. How can you record your own songs with 5 'frets' and one 'string?'
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by WARLOCK123
obviously it will never stop people altogether from learning the real thing.

Then why start a new thread asking the question? You've answered your own question.

Stop dividing by 0.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Quote by neopowell
I don't get it. How can you record your own songs with 5 'frets' and one 'string?'

i was about to say the same thing. it doesn't make sense to me!
Quote by shav0r
Well basically sperm is alive right, so how come you don't see it move around on its own in a condom or whatever?

BLAME FACEBOOK FOR MURDERS... NOT THE MUSIC!
ofcourse not

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

I found the recording function very difficult to use. If you have no guitar experience whatsoever you will have no idea what scales to set and what power/major chords to use. Your solos will sound like shit also. It's a great idea, but i dont think it was ready yet
If the guitar ever came to a demise...i think guitar hero would be to blame!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
TS is an idiot.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Not Realy.
Maybe some people wont learn real gutar , but searusly
gutar is stil gutar . How would it look if a bunch of pros would
come up the stage whit gutar hero. Guitar hero is fun but's a game
So ther's nothing to wory about.
Quote by neopowell

make Punk Rock?
Quote by Ic3
How would it look if a bunch of pros would
come up the stage whit gutar hero.

I'd actually like to see that. Watch Metallica fail on rock band on their own song and start shouting at each other:

Hetfield: "You shouldn't have used that Star Power on the interlude"
Hammet: "Yeah, well you broke the 300 note streak!"
Trujilo: *Dances like angry monkey*
no. @ saphrax
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Guitar Hero and Rock Band have already (imo) unmotivated a large # of kids from actually playing a real instrument. As fun as these games are I'd like to bitch slap the inventors. Being a guitar teacher I've witnessed the "Sorry I haven't practiced this week but watch me battle Slash on Guitar Hero" at least a dozen times.
Guitar Hero is just as useless as most other video games these days. Most games that are almost worth playing are just recycled ideas.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Guitar Hero is actually a very good thing; people won't learn guitar just to 'look cool' when instead they can play Guitar Hero Less idiots playing guitar = good.
Quote by entity0009
some retards decided it would be funny to use mental conditions as insults.
Absolutely not.

I know I'd get bored in less than the 10 minutes it would take me to record such a song. Guitar's never gotten boring and probably never will.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by sword shredder
Guitar Hero is actually a very good thing; people won't learn guitar just to 'look cool' when instead they can play Guitar Hero Less idiots playing guitar = good.

Agreed. A bunch of kids I know or have met always pride themselves on guitar hero skills. These are the same kids that drink everynight and have random fug sluts over though, so it's not a big loss anyways.
Listen to The Beatles, Pink Floyd, or whatever you want to listen to.
Dreams/Celestial Voyager (My Band's recording )
Live at Pompeii

Put this in your signature if you think coalition governments in democratic societies are f*cking retarded.
Quote by neopowell

A:-0-3-5---0-3-6-5---0-3-5-3-0-

Oh my ****ing god this game CANNOT get released
Quote by WARLOCK123
i'm sure most of aware of the new guitar hero game (world tour) and it has a new feature which allows you to record your own songs and share them etc. i enjoy guitar hero games, but there are many people who will not bother learning the real thing because the game is easier and now you can make your own songs (which is gonna be easier on the game).

thankfully the quality of sound of these recordings isnt very good. but i have no doubt it will improve.
people will be like "why should i learn guitar and take time to bcome good and write songs when i can play guitar hero and be good in 10 mins and record and share my songs"

so will it cause less people to bother with the real thing? obviously it will never stop people altogether from learning the real thing.

Anyone who thinks that is clearly retarded.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Anyone who thinks that is clearly retarded.

They are out there.
Live at Pompeii

Put this in your signature if you think coalition governments in democratic societies are f*cking retarded.
Well then I'd rather they didn't damage my ears trying to play real instruments
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
One of my friends trying to play guitar is just pitiful. He's one of those kids that has a guitar just for show, and really, I almost feel bad. But nope, I don't. He sucks.
Live at Pompeii

Quote by BrandonC
One of my friends trying to play guitar is just pitiful. He's one of those kids that has a guitar just for show

That's a contradiction. Does he try to play, and just hasn't got far yet, or does he have it for show?
Quote by saphrax
That's a contradiction. Does he try to play, and just hasn't got far yet, or does he have it for show?

He "plays" on it when people come over. Sometimes he just drums on it. I think it's kind of like, there for when girls come over, and whenever they ask "can you play for me?" he says "yeah next time." But when anyone asks him to play when he is drunk, it's quite hilarious. He doesn't really aspire to play I guess you can say lol.
Live at Pompeii

Quote by neopowell

Psh I own two broken ukuleles that fall right into that catagoty, and yet I still play them
Quote by BillyMaysIsSexi
A:-0-3-5---0-3-6-5---0-3-5-3-0-

Oh my ****ing god this game CANNOT get released

That's still using 7 frets, you're just not playing all of them.

EDIT-6 frets and an open note. You know what I mean...

And Ukuleles are different, they fall into their own seperate section of AWESOME.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by neopowell

St-Anger.
You have five buttons and a switch, how are you going to play an original song on that?
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
The same way you can play covers of other peoples original songs on it. It's really not that hard to understand.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by saphrax
I'd actually like to see that. Watch Metallica fail on rock band on their own song and start shouting at each other:

Hetfield: "You shouldn't have used that Star Power on the interlude"
Hammet: "Yeah, well you broke the 300 note streak!"
Trujilo: *Dances like angry monkey*

That's really funny.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by jayr123guitar
Guitar Hero and Rock Band have already (imo) unmotivated a large # of kids from actually playing a real instrument.

I think if we're going to start pointing fingers then the internet has a lot more to answer for in terms of stopping people using their time productively than a video game does.

And the answer is no.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Page 1 of 2