my current bass is some ebay brand not sure if its even real anyway I need a new one, I play death metal and am currently looking for 5 string ones I have probably up to $1k limit cause I do need money to spend on other stuff so any advice please
CANNIBAL CORPSE

When the silence is gone, what have we become?
Spector all the way.

Edit: Or Warwick.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Last edited by fleajr_1412 at Oct 28, 2008,
ibanez BTB
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Schecter Stilleto.
I've had a guy ask me if I played death metal because I was touting that bad boy.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
get a fender jazz, it's the most diverse bass i've every played.

do NOT buy a spector. i got one and the hardware on it was terrible.
Quote by ulique
get a fender jazz, it's the most diverse bass i've every played.

do NOT buy a spector. i got one and the hardware on it was terrible.

Did you get one that cost $1k? I can bet any money on the hardware on a high model being fine.

TS: What amp do you have, if you have a crappy amp you might wanna put more money into a new amp before the new bass.
As everyone who has half a brain will say on these boards Good bass + crappy amp < crappy bass + good amp

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by dancesisidance
Did you get one that cost $1k? I can bet any money on the hardware on a high model being fine.

TS: What amp do you have, if you have a crappy amp you might wanna put more money into a new amp before the new bass.
As everyone who has half a brain will say on these boards Good bass + crappy amp < crappy bass + good amp

yerr, i did. spectors are horrible. sounded and played nicely in the store, took it home and it broke down slowly and i treated it just as well as all my other instruments.

the jazz bass'll be cheaper and alot more durable.
Quote by ulique
yerr, i did. spectors are horrible. sounded and played nicely in the store, took it home and it broke down slowly and i treated it just as well as all my other instruments.

the jazz bass'll be cheaper and alot more durable.

Well, their high end stuff is some of the nicest around. You can't judge them on one bad (presumably low end) piece.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by fleajr_1412
Spector all the way.

Edit: Or Warwick.

there's only like 2 warwicks that you can get for $1000, and in my opinion, They're only so-so. any Spector costing $1000 or less, as some have pointed out, will not be very good. go with Ibanez or Schecter
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
you can most likely pick up a rehop for under a grand on ebay if you look around. But really if i had a grand o spend on a bass i would have a much better idea of what i wanted and what i liked. Go out and do some research. Why not go out and get a spector legend and put a new preamp and emgs in it. IT will do. Or get a squire. But get a more defiant idea of what you want first.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by sonsie
ibanez BTB

I dunno man, my brother has one of those and it sounds like balls, I've never heard so much buzzing....from every string!....although I do play a Stringray
Quote by Stingray5
I dunno man, my brother has one of those and it sounds like balls, I've never heard so much buzzing....from every string!....although I do play a Stringray

Sounds like it needs a setup to me, no need to judge an instrument on that. My starter ESP might have better action than a Ken Smith, but it can be adjusted. The higher-end BTB's are actually fantastic.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.