and take me with them.

i really don't want to and i could stay with my real dad or grandparents until i move out so i told them that:
all music related stuff is more expensive; they said that i could buy it online and get my grandparents to bring it over when they come on holiday every year.
I've never heard of a band from New Zealand, i doubt the metal scene over there is very good; they say theres no point in trying to make it s a musician.
and that i generally don't want to move; they say that life is just 'better' over there than here.

all i want in life is here in England - a chance at making it, decent priced gear, better weather imo, yet they still want me to come with them.

should i stay here with my dad/grandparents or go to New Zealand? how can i convince them that my choice not to go is a good choice when they just think I'm an overreacting teenager?

if you had the chance to do either, which would YOU choose?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Ever heard of flight of the conchords?

I think the answer's obvious.
How old are you? I'd be tempted to at least go there and see how I felt about the place but I'd probably stay put in England unless it was really awesome.

Assuming you're a year or two from uni then it's not like you'll be living with your parents much longer anyway
You're aware that they filmed Lord of the Rings there, right?

It doesn't get more metal than Mordor... Or rings...
yes come to my useless country with its free loading inhabitants and corupt government. Once you come here you can kiss all your hopes and dreams goodbye!

na its not so bad we got mountains and....lots and lots of sheep. yep good times.
My boss moved out there with his wife and he loves it. Everything is much more 'relaxed' - more informal.

Hell, if I can get the money I'm gonna drag my ass out there too. I'm wildly in love with England but you should definitely go and check it out. Give it 6 months or so and see how it is, man.

Lot of potential to be awesome, I reckon.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
by the way we got all sorts of good bands like datsuns and shihad and daja vodo and uh... others
Also, I think the gov't gives you $1000 to allow the big oil companies to ravage all their natural resources.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by merfsullivan
You're aware that they filmed Lord of the Rings there, right?

It doesn't get more metal than Mordor... Or rings...

Or Elijah Wood.
RULE BRITANNIA
Irrespective of all the sheep shagging jokes etc. it's actually a really great place to holiday, lot's of cool extreme sports to do. I wouldn't like to live there though, i'd say Australia or the US is much better for young people as a permanent residence. Just my opinion though, I do think they have a suprisingly good (although small) music scene. Long story short, you could always give it a try, pressumabely you're planning on visiting your parents and some stage anyway, stay there for a couple of months and if you don't like it move back with your grandparents.
I'm the new king
I taste the queen
In here we are all anemic
In here, anemic and sweet
DEMONIAC
TEH BLACKEST OF TEH BLACK MEHTULLZ!!
compreet wif herman ree.
Quote by Ktool The Girth
I have my moms car so i park in the garage cuz thats where her car goes.
New Zealand's a nice place, and what about 8 Foot Sativa.?
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6JNN10FNWg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1KGAPN51nc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kv2WNKe13A

New Zealand's a dump and equipment is sh*t expensive, but that's what the interwebz is for. And we got some great underground metal if you're into that sh*t.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
If you're still in school, maybe not. And you're english (we don't like change). So i personally wouldn't want to live there. Holiday for definite though which i think you'd get alot of if half your immediate family are there.
Did you say England weather is better? Now NZ isn't exactly a tropical paradise in the sun, but f*ck...at least we see the sunshine and the thermometer goes past 20 in summer.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
if i could move to new zealand, i would in a second
but i think its really up to you
just sit down with your parents and talk about it
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
No offence to your parents, or any NZ'ers, but I think your parents may be retarded...
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Better weather .. in England???? wat

I would go, i just moved too england and its rough, I was in the same position as you really.
It is a good experience though. I would do it.
NZ isn't that great if you are a teen. It's extremely awesome if you're a little kid though. shitload of places to explore and trees to climb.I miss my childhood

It's also cool if you're into rugby.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
There's metal in NZ. Just need to look in the right places. And I have not heard of any big English metal bands, but I know they exist.
Steriogram started to get big, they were on an iPod ad (omg so what), but they decided to stay home instead. It's not impossible.
My point?
Plus, weed is cheap here.
Quote by Cathbard