Discussion of the brilliant TV Drama currently airing on the BBC. So the start of series 7, what did y'all think? (BTW I've only seen one ep, although apparently you can watch episode two as well.) Please try to refrain from posting spoilers without warning!
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I watched some of series one, good shit.

Very true, you wouldn't recognise the cast now though!
they allways have to get rid of the main guy in it for another, kind of annoying, but still a brilliant show.

Kinda makes you hate muslims though, really doesnt put them in a good light
Never watched it but I watched Spooks:Code 9 in the summer.
I may have to watch this on BBC iPlayer.
--------
Personally I think it's pretty realistic in it's portrayal in that it demonstrates that there are some very bad people in the world out there that we just do not hear about. I caught EP 2 on BBC 3 last night, very good but I wish they hadn't killed off Adam Carter, he was quality! I'd love it if they brought back Quinn though, no idea how they'd do it... I'm not sure I like Lucas as a character yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
Quote by muhat gandy
Kinda makes you hate muslims though, really doesnt put them in a good light

Lul no.
Quote by apothecarrie
Never watched it but I watched Spooks:Code 9 in the summer.
I may have to watch this on BBC iPlayer.

Code 9 was SHIT!

Spooks is the best program on TV and has been for years. So glad it's back, all those American series' pale in comparison.
Quote by Joycey
Personally I think it's pretty realistic in it's portrayal in that it demonstrates that there are some very bad people in the world out there that we just do not hear about. I caught EP 2 on BBC 3 last night, very good but I wish they hadn't killed off Adam Carter, he was quality! I'd love it if they brought back Quinn though, no idea how they'd do it... I'm not sure I like Lucas as a character yet

Quote by rabidguitarist
Please don't ruin this thread. Transvestitism is serious business.
Quote by Joycey

Oi, fuckbucket, what part of no spoilers don't you understand?

I haven't watched any of the more recent spooks, but I used to love the old ones, Tom and Danny were the best characters in it, I was never too impressed with Adam though I would rather have heard about his death by watching it.
Spooks=Best BBC1 Drama...definitely. Im a proud owner of all of the DVD series to date

and yes i watch them more than once.
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

Spooks is definitely the best drama the BBC do, it's run for ages and hasn't become shit. Last night's episode was brilliant, can't wait for tonight's follow up. The portrayal of the Jihadists was very good.

Oh yeah, I read in The Times that in next week's episode one character gets Waterboarded, and the actor actually was Waterboarded, for realism. Can't wait for that.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Joycey

Oh for fuck's sake. Can you not read, you imbecile?

...I was looking forward to watching that on iPlayer later.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by freddaahh
Oh yeah, I read in The Times that in next week's episode one character gets Waterboarded, and the actor actually was Waterboarded, for realism. Can't wait for that.

They're not doing very well (or very well depending on how you think) for having events in the show when they're currently happening. E.g. bombs in London.
I saw some of it, it was quite good.,

Although I'm upset Richard Armitage is fully shaven
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by freddaahh

I read that in the paper. What exactly is waterboarding?
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by thedudemeister
I saw some of it, it was quite good.,

Although I'm upset Richard Armitage is fully shaven

The stubble was cool as.
Quote by Cal UK
The stubble was cool as.

It was, he looked more attractive with it IMO as well.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
We couldn't have a show called "Spooks" in the US.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by thedudemeister
I read that in the paper. What exactly is waterboarding?

Method of torture where the victim is effectively drowned, it causes use psychological damage to the victims.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterboarding

Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by thedudemeister
Cheers dreddahh

Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by Jackal58
We couldn't have a show called "Spooks" in the US.

Why not?

Waterboarding is a torture used (or at least it was) by the British and US governments. It is a simulation of drowning, essentially you're tied down with a bag on your head and they pour water over you and you think you're going to die. US Marines who knew they would be perfectly safe, but had it done to them to show it was "not torture" suffered convulsions.

Cal edit: Damn someone beat me to it, and with an epic watering can pic too.
Quote by Cal UK
Why not?

Tis a racist term for black people.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by freddaahh

Isn't that 'spicks' and it's for Hispanics?
Quote by freddaahh

True nuff.
Quote by Cal UK

Nope. Spooks for peoples of African origin.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Cal UK

Nope, different insult again. 'Spook' isn't used so much nowadays, though.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by freddaahh
Nope, different insult again. 'Spook' isn't used so much nowadays, though.

Must be an age thing. I still hear it a good bit.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by freddaahh

Oh!!! Sorry dude, my finger slipped.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Spooks = win!

I don't thnik they'll ever top the first series though, and i miss the old characters

Why do they have to write off each character with a new series?
Woohoo! New episode has just started.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
I'm getting addicted to this, do they do Spooks DVD box sets or something?

EDIT: Why yes they do
Last edited by Hypnotisation at Oct 28, 2008,
Quote by Hypnotisation
I'm getting addicted to this, do they do Spooks DVD box sets or something?

Yea I think they do.

Good episode tonight, made me think a lot rather than having it just spelt out.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by j_hunter_hkr
Does anyone else think Jo is incredibly sexy?

Just me?

She i incredibly sexy.

Did Lucas bump into Ken Livingstone on the crossing?
Quote by j_hunter_hkr
Does anyone else think Jo is incredibly sexy?

Just me?

yes i think i would have to slip her a length!

i only started watching it last year and ive been hooked since then, didnt catch the first one just watched the one on bbc 3 last night i saw the little flashback water boarding thing they done it must be f*cking horrible
Wanna know what gear i have? check my profile
Black Beauty Owners Group
Muddy Waters invented electricity

Paul Kossoff = Genius
Guys!
Repeats of the vintage old Spooks (I'm talking Series 1, 2 and 3 so far) are back on repition

Erm it's on Watch (sky channel 109) on Wednesdays
And Alibi (Sky 132) Saturday early morning and repeated Sunday nights at 9.

Love Spooks!
Great to see a thread on it lol
I don't get Watch or Alibi

but I do have the first 3 seasons of Spooks on DVD
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.