Page 1 of 5
I'm sure a lot of the Brits here have heard about this.

The BBC has apologised to actor Andrew Sachs for the "unacceptable and offensive" content of calls made to him by Russell Brand during a radio show.

The Fawlty Towers star was called four times during a prank on Brand's BBC Radio 2 show on 18 October.

The actor's agent said Sachs was "very upset" after Brand and guest Jonathan Ross left lewd messages about the actor's granddaughter on his voicemail.

Brand himself apologised for the offence on his latest show.

He said "you musn't swear on someone's answer phone", but added it was "funny".

A BBC Radio 2 spokeswoman said: "We have received a letter of a complaint from Mr Sachs' agent and would like to sincerely apologise to Mr Sachs for the offence caused.

"We recognise that some of the content broadcast was unacceptable and offensive.

She added: "We are reviewing how this came about and are responding to Mr Sachs personally. We also apologise to listeners for any offence caused."

Sachs, who played Manuel in Fawlty Towers, was expected to be a guest on the programme, but was unable to appear due to unforeseen circumstances.

Full Article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7692911.stm

Now, I can't be alone in thinking that everyone's overreacting to this? If Brand had said these things in his standup show, nobody would've cared, so I don't see why they're making such a big fuss over it.

He does that every week, I'm suprised this is the first time it's blown up.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I was just listening to that on youtube...Andrew needs a sense of humour.
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by Tom_hatton
Andrew Sachs > Russell Brand. He's an ass.

And you know what? Russell Brand knows this, and still says the shit, therefore Brand>Sachs in terms of being awesome.
Listen to The Beatles, Pink Floyd, or whatever you want to listen to.
Dreams/Celestial Voyager (My Band's recording )
Live at Pompeii

Put this in your signature if you think coalition governments in democratic societies are f*cking retarded.
Uck...Russel Brand

Can't stand that mop headed girlyboy pratt.
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
It seems as though it was Ross that swore and Brand who initially by accident said he had slept with Sachs' granddaughter who was part of a group of girls called the 'satanic sluts'. I do feel sorry for Andrew, if it was Noel Gallagher it would be much more acceptable.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by filthandfury
I'm sure a lot of the Brits here have heard about this.

Full Article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7692911.stm

Now, I can't be alone in thinking that everyone's overreacting to this? If Brand had said these things in his standup show, nobody would've cared, so I don't see why they're making such a big fuss over it.

Difference is, he called his personal number.

Put it this way- imagine he called you, said lewd things about your family for all of us to laugh at.

Not funny really is it?
Quote by Cal UK
It seems as though it was Ross that swore and Brand who initially by accident said he had slept with Sachs' granddaughter who was part of a group of girls called the 'satanic sluts'. I do feel sorry for Andrew, if it was Noel Gallagher it would be much more acceptable.

But Jonathon Ross doesn't apologise, and he was a guest on Brand's show- the host of the show is responsible for anything the guests say.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
But Jonathon Ross doesn't apologise, and he was a guest on Brand's show- the host of the show is responsible for anything the guests say.

Oh right OK cheers, is it just me or is that mad? If your not the host your responsibility is removed.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Both of them lack that sense of when to shut the fuck up, stop and think about what they say. Neither of them are half as funny as they think they are. Sachs knows his granddaughter is a whore, but he didn't need it broadcast by a couple of dickheads.
Quote by Craigo
I saw this on the Daily Mail on Saturday. They were really pissed, but I couldn't help but laugh, really

But, the daily mail actively hates travellers and immigrants, and supported the nazi party before world war two.

So you can't really take them seriously when they get offended about this.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
I can't stand Brand. His stand up shows are alright, but I wouldn't class him as a comedian.

Still there's no need to blow this out of proportion. What's been said cannot be unsaid. They should all apologise and have a cup of tea.

Media these days...
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Quote by duggyrocks
Russell Brand is the least funny comedian I've ever heard

He must be doing something right...
Quote by Craigo

Absolute genius.

What? That's not the original video, it's dogs fucking each other to NWA.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
He's a ****ing idiot for doing that. Of course no-one would have cared if it were in his stand u show, but he rang the dudes answering machine. That's so much more personal. Plus if what I've read about the things he said about the guys grand daughter are true then he needs a good slap across the head for acting like a 14 year old.
That apology was pathetic too, "I'm sorry, but it was really funny". I reckon he needs to grow the **** up a bit.

Although I do agree with his opinion of the daily mail, he should've apologised properly.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I listened to this and I couldn't help but laugh. It was so funny.

It would be quite horrible for Andrew Sachs though to be honest.

Still funny though.
Guitars:
Ibanez GRG170DX
A crap little half-size starter guitar

Pedals:
Digitech RP90

Amps:
Roland Cube 30X
A cheap 10W
Quote by rabidguitarist
But, the daily mail actively hates travellers and immigrants, and supported the nazi party before world war two.

So you can't really take them seriously when they get offended about this.

I know that, I didn't need the youtube video to tell me that myself. I bring it up to people who buy the DM over the checkout on Saturday to check opinions.

I was laughing at the Daily Mail's expense, Brand and were Ross were fine.

EDIT: Listening to the actual recording, it's not as bad as people think...
Quote by milfeh
He must be doing something right...

You honestly think people have to be special to be famous?

Look at the legend Andrew Dice Clay, he literally stole most of his material, his most famous - nursery rhymes - was stolen from another comedian in Brooklyn that hadn't become famous yet (Otto & George - puppet act)
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Russell Brand isn't much of a comedian.. he's just an actor
I find him funny but no for his jokes, just the way he is... it's just laughable

This was quite funny though
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by Johnny Trash
Russell Brand isn't much of a comedian.. he's just an actor
I find him funny but no for his jokes, just the way he is... it's just laughable

This was quite funny though

Yeah this.

Russell's stand up is really obviously divided... half of which he has most of the input into, the other half Matt Morgan's the brains of.

The latter being the incisive, funny part. If only Matt was conifdent enough to deliver it himself.
He is actually the biggest faggot ever.

If I saw him in the street, I think I would have to break his neck. Prison or not.. I wouldnt be able to resist
Yeah, people are overreacting, it wasn't particularly funny anyway, but it's hardly the outrageous travesty it's been made out as. The apologies aren't needed anyway, the BBC would never, ever, get rid of Ross, he makes them too much money, the same goes for Brand, but he works for Channel 4 just as much anyway.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by sykryk
Difference is, he called his personal number.

Put it this way- imagine he called you, said lewd things about your family for all of us to laugh at.

Not funny really is it?

I would laugh. Stop pretending to be older and mature than you really are.
media, the only people that care more about celebrities and africa before they take care of the crimes on their street.

Who here honestly cares about what russel brand says?
Page 1 of 5