i have been listening to rammestein for quite a while now and really liked it. id ecided to type it in on last FM. i ended up getting about 6 german metal bands. i loved every single song. so, i was wondering, does anybody else here really like this stuff, or is it just me? (i dont speak a word of german either)
in theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is
I'm pretty sure they use default MIDI synths.

Have a listen to Zavod though, you'd probably like them.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
i will find them, ty
in theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is
Rammstein just rip off Laibach. Even down to their cross logo.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
theres a whole genre called "neue deutsche härte", you should look it up a bit, for example megaherz is an awesome band.
i think i know what sagittar slaith is talking about .... for a foreign language, it rolls off the tongue so nice. plus its fun having catchy tunes that are powerful
I like Industrial and I like Metal, I do not like Industrial Rock/Metal, except for Laibach and KMFDM they kick ass.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by sam b
German pop > German industrial metal

Indeed.

I don't have any suggestions for you ts, sorry.

EDIT:
Quote by CaptnWar
i think i know what sagittar slaith is talking about .... for a foreign language, it rolls off the tongue so nice. plus its fun having catchy tunes that are powerful

I find German sounds like a truck crashing into a petting zoo.
(I'm German btw so I'm allowed to mock my fellow Krauts )
Last edited by TheQuailman at Nov 7, 2008,
Quote by TheQuailman

Because if anyone else did it

hahaha
German Schlager is the best
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

i like rammstein. any german i know i learned from them
EDIT: try emigrate their lead guitarists other band. they're ok
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
I don't really like it.

Check out Pain though. It's industrial metal, but it's not all that similar to Rammstein.
Quote by moody git
i like rammstein. any german i know i learned from them
EDIT: try emigrate their lead guitarists other band. they're ok

The singers denglish makes me cringe.
German Thrash > all other German music, even Oompah and Beethoven.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by TheQuailman

I find German sounds like a truck crashing into a petting zoo.

So thats Pretty awesome then?
well they're not german, and not really metal, but I'm pimpin' my country since we added quite a significant contribution to industrial music (and they're one of Rammstein's influences)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7SFcB0vOhQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zSRcFxZVAA

as far as Germans I go, i prefer them for my thrash fix.... I get my industrial covered with Ministry
Last edited by seljer at Nov 8, 2008,