Hi there guys n gals!

A mate of mine has just bought a PA System (2x200w speakers (400w peak) and a 600w head I think it is).

Problem is, it's not loud. At all. We can shout louder than that so I was wondering, do we need a mixer or something to pump up the volume? At the moment all we're doing is plugging in an iPod to test it.

Any advice?

Thanks!
did he buy it second hand, maybe it's busted, or someone set the max volume on the i-pod really low xD
JacK!
Quote by PowerHorse
Hi there guys n gals!

A mate of mine has just bought a PA System (2x200w speakers (400w peak) and a 600w head I think it is).

Problem is, it's not loud. At all. We can shout louder than that so I was wondering, do we need a mixer or something to pump up the volume? At the moment all we're doing is plugging in an iPod to test it.

Any advice?

Thanks!

You should only run up to 200W of power amp into your passive speakers.

see this thread:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16588289&postcount=2

You should not put the powe amp to max and must make sure your "set"which ame with power mixer and speakers is properly matched for best performance. Sometimes they just toss anything they want into those sets and they break easily because everyone pins the power amp causing it to burn up or pop a speaker...