I am purchasing either a Prestige S Series or a Prestige RG Series but I don't know which one to get. I play alot of styles of music and I my selection is limited to only these two Ibanez models. I prefer to not be recommended another company.
I like the Prestige S Series mouch more than the RG series. everything is "smoother" on the S series
we need more details than 'I play a lot of styles of music'.

what's your main genre?

and what's your budget?

and why only ibanez? I'd usually recommend Ibanez but I'm curious as to why you don't want any other suggestions. You seem to have some sort of ibanez/digitech fetish going on.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

and why only ibanez? I'd usually recommend Ibanez but I'm curious as to why you don't want any other suggestions. You seem to have some sort of ibanez/digitech fetish going on.

exactly my thoughts.

I would pick the S-series, as they feel less toy-ish, and i prefer mahogany above basswood. (most S series have mahogany and most RG's basswood, if i remember it well?)
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
S Series
Fender Telecaster Thin Line

(For playing fusion as a solo project)
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Vox Wah
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Mxr Phase 90
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Boss DD6 Digital Delay
I play various styles, from jazz/technical fusion to technical and progressive metal. I've been playing only Ibanez for years. I just figured there would be the one asshole who's like "DUHRRR get a les paul" My budget is $2885.85 exactly.
I love people that post every piece of gear they own in their sig.....

I guess they should have added a part of your profile devoted to your gear so you wouldn't have to do that....

oh wait... they did
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
S, if you're looking for versatility, which it seems you are, from those styles you put down.

Seems a shame to pass up other manufacturers though; what's the reason for the Ibanez dedication?
I just figured there would be the one asshole who's like "DUHRRR get a les paul"
I'm basically going to go with the S. I like the all around playability, comfort, and feel of it. I think Strats are basically S Series but thicker and bulkier, you couldn't get me to play an LP of you paid me (hate'em) and can't stand jacksons or ESP's I have one ltd but its a piece. and i like locking trems.
I really like the S series for the zr trem and the ergonomic body shape. I bought a used s470 last month and love it. It is like playing a warm strat, without the shrill highs.

The zr is amazing for tuning stability. It also has this nut that allows adjustment of spring tension without tools -- very handy if you like to switch tuning!

The S is more versatile than I thought it would be. In addition to rock crunch & overdriven leads & metal sounds, the single coil & coil splitting humbuckers provide great clean tones, too.

With your budget, you'll wind up with a sweet axe no matter what you pick, but here is a vote for the S from a happy user.
I really liked Ibanez until my mishap with my 8 string prestige. One of the saddles snapped in half. It's been a 7 string for over a month now. Finally getting it sorted out but still, rediculous. Horrible customer service.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by RG PROG
My budget is $2885.85 exactly.

Talk about accuracy!

Anyways, why not check out some custom shops like Carvin? They make some extremely kick ass guitars for good value and customization.
I wold choose S, its just more versatile and looks better in my opinion. Many people keep RG as heavy-guitar, it just has that kind of an image.. S is also a lot more comfortable to play.
My Gear:

-Ibanez SZ 320 (Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz)
-Laney LC 30-II tube combo
-Yamaha C-40
-Suzuki steel string acoustic

+Lots of effect pedals and other crap..
S series all the way man.

sheer versatility not to mention the best IMO double locking system made
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
new amp please. why play a 3000 dollar guitar through a p.o.s. like the toneblaster (no offense)?

EDIT
sorry a $2885.85 guitar
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
S is a great guitar.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
In my opinion, S prestige series (yes, even the Japanese ones) are fairly underwhelming guitars at their price point. I would go for an Edge Pro RG and use the leftover money (which will be quite a bit) to invest heavily where it counts - amplification.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Last edited by pifty at Oct 28, 2008,