http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/76422
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/line6-pod-20/2458

Good combination? I don't like the lack of control on the tiny terror (control freak) and would like the extra versatility that the POD will give, but don't have much left to spend so does this seem like a good combination? I have not been able to hear the pod played with a tiny terror combo.

Thanks!
i don't think you are fixing your problem with the pod... i think you should just get an equilizer and you'll be all set..

the TT has volume tone and gain knobs.. the only thing it's "missing" is High Mid and Treb controls... so an EQ would fix that.

the pod is more of a multieffect thing, like chorus, flanger, distortion... you get the idea
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Yeah, don't bother with the Pod, it wont do what you're looking for. Just get a nice MXR 6-band or 10-band EQ and you'll be set.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Although I agree with the EQ purchase, to say the POD won't do it is wrong. It's got a fair EQ in it plus all the other stuff. Something like an MXR will just do it better.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Hmm thanks I didn't mention, but I want it for the effects and other tone shaping controls, as well as the recording features. How well would the tone settings you can download combine with the tiny terror combo - would it create a more individual tone because of the combination of the two?=, or does the POD not use the amp's tone it is running through?
I'd just get single effects anyway. You'll end up getting them soon after.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
A pod would only work well with the Tiny Terror with a very clean amp setting, which means you wont be able to get it very loud. I have run my MicroKORG synth through my tiny terror and it sounded ok (lacking bass obv.), but this was at very low volumes.

I'm currently researching an effects loop mod for my tiny terror, which would allow multi-effects such as the POD to work well.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Personally I would say just get an EQ pedal to shape your tone, and then buy maybe a chorus and delay pedal to give you more options and sounds.
Ah thank you this is all nice to know I've come to the decision that this many people cannot possibly all be wrong about the pod (i was kinda fixed on getting one at first). What kind of EQ box should I be looking at then? I don't want to spend too much, I have about another £90 and I would like some of that to get at least on pedal as well!

Is there much point in the EQ box or would my money be better spent on an OD pedal and a fun one or two like a wah-wah?
Quote by Notmewtwoguitar
Ah thank you this is all nice to know I've come to the decision that this many people cannot possibly all be wrong about the pod (i was kinda fixed on getting one at first). What kind of EQ box should I be looking at then? I don't want to spend too much, I have about another £90 and I would like some of that to get at least on pedal as well!

Is there much point in the EQ box or would my money be better spent on an OD pedal and a fun one or two like a wah-wah?

Well as the pod is about £90 and you have another £90 that = £180 so I would say try these:

- Boss CE 5 (£59)
- MXR 6-Band EQ (£69)
- Marshall EH-1 (£49)

Those seem pretty like a pretty good combination to with the Tiny Terror. You could use the EQ pedal to shape the tone more as the TT only has a single "Tone knob". Use the chorus to make the cleans sound nicer and jazzier, the delay will fatten up your lead sounds, or as a subtle echo/reverb type of thing, etc.
Quote by AdamDK
Well as the pod is about £90 and you have another £90 that = £180 so I would say try these:

- Boss CE 5 (£59)
- MXR 6-Band EQ (£69)
- Marshall EH-1 (£49)

Those seem pretty like a pretty good combination to with the Tiny Terror. You could use the EQ pedal to shape the tone more as the TT only has a single "Tone knob". Use the chorus to make the cleans sound nicer and jazzier, the delay will fatten up your lead sounds, or as a subtle echo/reverb type of thing, etc.

haha sorry I don't think i phrased that very well. your right, the pod is about £90 so i'll have that money to spend on something else, so only £90 not £180 sadly!

I'll take a look at those effects thanks
Quote by Notmewtwoguitar
haha sorry I don't think i phrased that very well. your right, the pod is about £90 so i'll have that money to spend on something else, so only £90 not £180 sadly!

I'll take a look at those effects thanks

If you can stretch your budget about £20/£30 more then you could get a Boss DD-3 instead of the Marshall Echohead. The DD-3 is an amazing delay, lots of delay modes and has tap tempo.
The only thing that beats out the dd-3 is the dd-6/7. And the only thing that beats that is that line6 super delay ultra box thingy that I'm sorta scared of. You know, the huge green box.
Quote by FischmungaXTR
A pod would only work well with the Tiny Terror with a very clean amp setting, which means you wont be able to get it very loud..

That being said, should a Pod sound decent through any SS amp?
Don't use a POD as an eq, just use an eq, it's more transparent, modelers color your amp's tone too much.
I can only speak to the XT Live, but you can use the amps overdrive if you want or a blend of the amp OD and the TS 808 model in the POD. Depends on what you like. As far as coloring the tone, again that's up to the person tweaking the equipment you can dial in as much or as little as you want or turn any portion you don't like off completely. i've plugged my POD into several amps SS and tube and a PA. Frankly for me i like it best with my Vj, then the PA. It sounds pretty good with my DA 20, but I don't like it much at all with my transtube or my Windsor. You need to try this stuff for yourself to be sure.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
From my personal experience the TT doesn't work well with POD's, unless your just playing with the TT setup for clean sounds... which totally and utterly defeats the point of buying a TT.

Guitars:
Charvel USA San Dimas | Jackson Matt Tuck Rhoads | Jackson DK2M Dinky | Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight | Fender MIM Sunburst Tele

Amp:
Jet City JCA100HDM | Framus CS 2x12