hey guys, the band i'm currently in is taking steps to go more broad on publicity. so that requires me to step up on my recording. we do record all our stuff at the studio but lets face it i'm not at the studio 24/7 whenever a good riff pop out of my head.

i been looking around and i found the line 6 pod studio ux1 as one of the choice. but i know there are TONS of other similiar products out there and i haven't have the slighest idea what to look out for,

i would really like my budget to stay around 100. i can push up around 150 if the product is worth it. thanks alot in advance.
Last edited by kckyle at Oct 28, 2008,
you need the R&R section...
read everything there and tweaks guide in my sig

If you only have $150 to spend, dont even start looking into gear. If you buy cheap gear you wont get great results nor will the gear work taht well.

recording gear isnt cheap and anything that is low in price normally doesnt work well at all...

Mics are going to run around $100 a piece and an interface to start with will run $200+
add cables, stands, software, and a computer if needed and you are looking at a lot of cash to spend on gear...
Last edited by moody07747 at Oct 28, 2008,
lol, I just record by sticking a cable in the mic in. on my laptop, and it works pretty well for me, just catches the sound my amp makes so XD
Yeah, Listen to moody07747 , Get a higher budget and do some more research, Takes time but the end result is great
awesome, thanks alot moody. the 150 range does not include the cables and stuff. these i can just pick up from the studio since they have boxes of them just sitting there.

i don't need a mic since i'm only a back up vocalist unless the mic is for something else, so my primary focus is getting the tone i want from the guitar. right now i'm looking at the line 6 pod studio and ux1. they seen fairly new but are they worth it?
Looper's are an option.
Besides being useful with performing and practicing - you can also output saved loops to your computer.

http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=819

You should be able to find a used Boss RC2 for under $150. It has 11 save slots.

The Digitech Jamman hold up to 99 loops and has USB connectivity. All you have to do is plug it into a computer and drag loops (.wav files) to you computer. It's pricey tho... $300.
The Line 6 Toneport is an excellent option for recording on the cheap with a full range of FX.
ok i'm kinda settled on the line 6 pod studio thats coming out soon. anything else i need to hook this thing up right out of the box?
Quote by kckyle
ok i'm kinda settled on the line 6 pod studio thats coming out soon. anything else i need to hook this thing up right out of the box?

These might be better if you don't want to be around your computer....

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-LIN-BCKTRK-LIST?SRC=D0407FG0HAMS0000&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=feed&

http://www.elevation-music.com/kotopx4pahap.html
I have a Boss Micro Br and like it alot, however I recently lost my job so I'll be selling off some recording equipment. I have the following items I will be letting go at very reasonable prices:

Boss Micro Br
Boss Br 600
M-audio Fast Track Pro ( USB)
and an older EMU-0404 PCI card with cables no software

you can look up the specs and prices at most online music stores, Guitarcenter.com has all of the above if your intrested in anything or need more info pm me. The two Boss products I bought within the last 4 months and still have orginal boxes and manuals for them
Quote by Metalzedge
I have a Boss Micro Br and like it alot, however I recently lost my job so I'll be selling off some recording equipment. I have the following items I will be letting go at very reasonable prices:

Boss Micro Br
Boss Br 600
M-audio Fast Track Pro ( USB)
and an older EMU-0404 PCI card with cables no software

you can look up the specs and prices at most online music stores, Guitarcenter.com has all of the above if your intrested in anything or need more info pm me. The two Boss products I bought within the last 4 months and still have orginal boxes and manuals for them

i'm not familiar with them. can anyone give me a opinion on these?
i have a micro br and i have to say its pretty good but i can't compare to other recording equipment because i haven't tried any others. if the rest of your equipment is good then you can get really good recordings from it. plus it has its own mic and some effects, but i'm not a big fan of the distortion and gains it has. overall i highly recommend it