not sure if this is the right thread......

but im thinking of changing my pick ups that came with my guitars, but i dont know alot about it so im asking you if you can tell me what im about to do is good, or bad

so my epiphone LP im wanting to put Seymour Duncan SH-1n 59 Humbucker, neck and Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB humbucker, bridge

my dean hardtail i want to put a emg - 85, neck and emg - 81, bridge

so would this be a good set up and would it work (i dont know as i dont know anythign about pick ups, im trying to find somethign on the net to read up on them but cant find anything )
Firstly make sure you have a good amp or the pickups won't make much difference.
What amp have you got?

Also there's better value pickup manufacturers in the UK thatn Duncan and EMG.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
you spelled queation wrong.
Support new music, listen to my Prog Metal Band:
Open Wide, The Sky

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR White

Peavey 6505+ /w Mesa-Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab
So an MG then? You might get a small improvement changing pickups but there's no point bothering with actives.

To be honest it's not really worth it at this stage, pickup changes aren't very exciting and don't make anywhere near as much difference as you think they do. If you don't know anything about them then you certainly aren't going to know whether pickups are the issue with your tone. If you don't even have a particular problem with your sound then it's not worth going to that kind of effort and expense, spend your money on pedals instead.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Oct 28, 2008,