I've got a strat with Kluson tuners and everytime i replace the high e string the tuner never holds the string in place. When i poke the string down the tuner hole and start winding it just springs back out again.

Am i doing something wrong? or is it just the fact that these tuners completely suck?

Thanks
Thanks for the reply, i checked out the video but unfortunately they are a different type of tuner. That's the kind of tuner i wish i had but unfortunately on mine, instead of the hole being in the side of the tuner it's on the top and it's just a pain.

Thanks anyway
hey thanks for the reply..

i managed to do it in the end after much frustration. I guess i just need practise.

Thanks again
Dan
Quote by Jehuty
I usually wrap the string around the post before tuning it up so it gets a little grip. That should do the trick.

*Edit*

This video shows you. I know you have a Strat and that they dont have stop bar tail pieces but its not about the bridge here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rhdxCECcl4

holy crap! i missed out on this when i was beginning guitar! damn im a failure.... i probably would have had a lot less hell if i would have known this! you see kids, this is why you should pay attention to the little details!