Okay, my rg350x was my first double locking trem and after I changed tunings a few times I started to get a really annoying buzz on my high e and B (higher notes on G also) strings.
I can hear the buzz with no amp so the problem doesn't involve my pickups.
It stops me from playing any decent solo on the higher strings...what the heck is going on ?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Quote by DieGarbageMan

how could you not forsee the rise of surskits!

Quote by CaptainRon
One second let me just ask my penis.

Reel Big Fish: 20/02.09
Rise Against: 22/02/09
about 2 months, should change them really
But changing strings on a double locking trem will be my next post
Quote by DieGarbageMan

Quote by CaptainRon

Hmmm, I have 9 month old strings and they are only starting to buzz now. What kind of tuning changes have you done, you may have caused undue stress. Wouldn't hurt to change the strings.
went from drop D to drop C and back up again
I bought the guitar tuned into drop D, it was all fine, then when it was getting too out of tune for the tuning screws to sort out I thought I'd re-tune the whole thing. After I did this I started to notice the buzz, but it gradually got worse.
Also, the guitar may have been in the store for a long time...so maybe this is where the problem lies...?
Quote by DieGarbageMan

Quote by CaptainRon

Maybe, I'd advice a string change to see if it fixes the problem, if theres still buzzing you'll at least know that the problem isn't the strings.
okay thanks man...you change strings one at a time right?
Quote by DieGarbageMan

Quote by CaptainRon

change them one at a time, but thats probably not the problem....

sounds like you need to

a) raise the saddles

b) adjust the truss rod

or (hopefully not)

c) a fret's not properly seated.

for a), it's just adjusting the action on the e and b strings. when you play a note, the string is pressed against the fret you want it to be (as it should be), but the action is too low, and the string is lightly hitting a fret higher than it, making a buzzing noise. Just raise the saddles.

b) this is probably what it is. Changing tunings means that you're putting different amounts of tension on the neck. The truss rod's job is to counter the pull of the strings and keep the neck straight. when you changed the tunings alot, the tension changed, and the neck bent slightly. it sounds like it has a slight back bow to it...

c) this probably isn't the case, and almost definately isn't the case if it buzzes on several frets.