It's a spirit competition for my school vs our rival school. My definition of spirit is to see who can garner the most support, regardless of who it is. Winner gets on the news. I have one of my computer science teachers getting every student to vote on both Firefox and IE, and I believe the pit can help.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story.aspx?content_id=bbc4cf69-450a-4b19-93c9-8737fb50146d

Vote Tigard High

I will love you all forever if you do.
Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.

Cool.
Last edited by dylpikle9 at Oct 28, 2008,
o.o

Edit: Done
When the power of love overcomes the love for power, the world will know peace. ~Jimi Hendrix
I wish people would stop making these kinds of threads.
The Avery Horton one was as far as this should have gone.

And no, do it yourself. There are easier ways to get on the news.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by BlackLuster
I wish people would stop making these kinds of threads.
The Avery Horton one was as far as this should have gone.

And no, do it yourself. There are easier ways to get on the news.

I have done it myself. Multiple times. I actually brought this idea up with my teacher and he said "Do it!"
Quote by Tsucchi

Cool.
I despise the idea of school spirit, I'm not really proud of my school as it's nothing special. I also never really understood the fascination with it, it's about as silly as blind patriotism.

Of course you can just ignore me, I'm not being productive.
Quote by blynd_snyper
I despise the idea of school spirit, I'm not really proud of my school as it's nothing special. I also never really understood the fascination with it, it's about as silly as blind patriotism.

Of course you can just ignore me, I'm not being productive.

meh, foster a sense of community in a school by somehow uniting students and you suddenly have a better learning environment. It's not so bad.
Quote by im_hungry
'spirit competition'?

lol Is this High school musical?

I have one of the corniest schools ever.
Quote by Tsucchi

Cool.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
meh, foster a sense of community in a school by somehow uniting students and you suddenly have a better learning environment. It's not so bad.

However the cost of uniting the school is the alienation of all those who a) don't really like their school, or b) don't really like the people who are into the whole uniting the school thing.
Quote by blynd_snyper
However the cost of uniting the school is the alienation of all those who a) don't really like their school, or b) don't really like the people who are into the whole uniting the school thing.

yeah but they can't conform properly and so will never make it in society anyway. Why bother educating them?
Quote by blynd_snyper

yeah, and those are the ones that tend to go on killing sprees within the school too, of course the rest of the school tends to all unite or whatever after the shooting, so maybe they're just trying to help.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
yeah but they can't conform properly and so will never make it in society anyway. Why bother educating them?

Sure you can, plenty of people lead succesful lives on the fringe.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm