Hey guys, I have a Roland microcube (great little amp) but it buzzes like crazy, I thought maybe it's my crappy guitar's pickups? It gets worse if I use the neck and middle pickups (it's a cheap Ibanez
Gio starter guitar with no name pickups) but not as bad if I use the bridge..is it the amp or my guitar? or maybe both? Yes I know how to mute the strings too but it still buzzes?
Oh and it's mostly with distortion, but it does it with clean setting too (using the neck/middle pickups)

RaVe
It's the guitar.. amps don't buzz
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
i have the same problem, Crappy startter Pack guitar is teh problem !

(No seriously it is!)
Cable is fine, that's for sure, it's the guitar..^ it's definently crappy lol but it works for now I think I'm ready for an upgrade though
I hate this shit! I am somewhat of a hi-fidelety freak and even good quality stereo or even mono sub amps hva the 50hz transfomer buzz! WHY CANT THE ELIMINATE THAT SHIT!
[\rant]
Stuff:VOX AD50VT
Gibson SG faded
Old steelstringed calssic
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well aren't you the ignorant asshat?
It could be something else. I get this buzz (esp. at loud volumes) in my house, must be cause of the electrical wiring or something. It only happens for a certain note (therefore for a certain frequency). You can tell easily it's not coming from the amp, it comes from the walls of the room, and I've tried different guitars and amps, and they all do the same at that frequency, they buzz the wall in a certain way.

this may or may not be the same problem you have. Try playing your electric guitar without an amp (or just turn the volume off on the guitar knobs), and see if you have fret buzz.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
^ I get a bit of fret buzz from the lower action on it, only on the lower frets though
yeah the wall thing can be very annoying especially if you live in a house that hasnt been "updated'' since the 90's so to say.

They mostly dont have great grounding for electric but thats an electric buzz this is just a sound buzz from the magnets i think !
Quote by IKnowItsWrong
It's the guitar.. amps don't buzz

you my friend have never had a fender frontman 15g
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by this&that

i think that's the same amp that came with my "squier starter pack". It's 6 years old by now. It buzzes on every other note and picks up AM radio.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by this&that

Or any Fender solid-state Frontman for that matter. I managed to tune my 25R to a radio station once.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I had a crap strat copy last year which used to always buzz due to a loose wire in the input jack, it was very annoying!
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco Sunburst
Laney VC-15
Could you tell your amp settings?
Guitar Accesories Fund: €300

My Gear:
Copy of Fender Strat
15W gear4music amplifier
Boss ME-50 Pedal