So i bought a old washburn g-5v, some have you may have seen my thread with pics,

anyway, im finding the action is high, mostly because of the humbucker pickup that sticks up way above the neck - i can lower it anymore otherwise the strings would rest on the humbucker

also the the middle and neck pickup are pretty weak, as in very weak, low volume? Not sure this is an issue with the electronics or not

Also the floyd rose sits up pretty high, due to the humbucker /action, so when i play my wrist tends to push down on it -

Here's my questions

this guitar is made out of plywood, original floyd rose trem, made in 87, same washburn pickups

would it be worth modding this sucker, replace the humbucker so i can lower the action and maybe get a better sound?

how hard is it to block the trem so i dont cause a whammy effect with my wrist when i rest on it?

----------------------

guitar was only a 100 bones and its nice on the eyes - not sure how much i want to invest in this guy, if i dump a 100$ pickup in there, how much better will it sound; should i just leave this for what it is a cheap travel guitar

Thx
Quote by boyd98
So i bought a old washburn g-5v, some have you may have seen my thread with pics,

anyway, im finding the action is high, mostly because of the humbucker pickup that sticks up way above the neck - i can lower it anymore otherwise the strings would rest on the humbucker

also the the middle and neck pickup are pretty weak, as in very weak, low volume? Not sure this is an issue with the electronics or not

Also the floyd rose sits up pretty high, due to the humbucker /action, so when i play my wrist tends to push down on it -

Here's my questions

this guitar is made out of plywood, original floyd rose trem, made in 87, same washburn pickups

would it be worth modding this sucker, replace the humbucker so i can lower the action and maybe get a better sound?

how hard is it to block the trem so i dont cause a whammy effect with my wrist when i rest on it?

----------------------

guitar was only a 100 bones and its nice on the eyes - not sure how much i want to invest in this guy, if i dump a 100$ pickup in there, how much better will it sound; should i just leave this for what it is a cheap travel guitar

Thx

Gut the guitar of all the hardware, get a new body that is a NICE tonewood and maybe new pickups. An OFR should last for ages!