Poll: Wireless or with cord?
Poll Options
View poll results: Wireless or with cord?
I hasz wireless
75 65%
Noes! I hasz cord!!!!
39 34%
Voters: 115.
Page 1 of 2
What does the Pit use to connect to the Internet?

I have wireless on 2 computers and with cord on a third one.

Elaborate this thread, Pit...
Wire-the-fuck-less.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Wireless.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Wireless
2 pc's
3 laptops
My ipod touch
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
2 laptops on wireless, psp/wii/etc on wireless 1 desktop on wireless, 1 desktop and a 360 on wired.
currently my wireless card isn't working, so I'm on cord
You are now blinking manually
WLAN on my laptop, wired for the 360.

I used my neighbour's unprotected 4Mb wlan connection for a good three months before getting my own internets when I first moved here.
Wireless at home, wireless at my dorm.

Wireless FTW.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
i dont understand how people think wireless is slower than wired

wireless router = (Example) 54mb
Internet = (Highest availiable (Civilian) speed in uk )20mb

The wireless is capable of the same speeds as a wire!!!!

For the record i use wireless
Quote by aig91
Wireless ftw!

Not for gaming....
Quote by mczack
i dont understand how people think wireless is slower than wired

wireless router = (Example) 54mb
Internet = (Highest availiable (Civilian) speed in uk )20mb

The wireless is capable of the same speeds as a wire!!!!

For the record i use wireless

Well wireless gives you lag spikes, and (at least in my house) when the person using the wired internet starts taking up the bandwidth by downloading or loading stuff, it slows down the internet for the wireless pc's
^ Good point actually (I was watching Hulu(Using hotspot sheild) and my mother was watching iplayer, she was wired i was wireless and i had to stop watching because it lagged so much.)
Quote by mczack
^ Good point actually (I was watching Hulu(Using hotspot sheild) and my mother was watching iplayer, she was wired i was wireless and i had to stop watching because it lagged so much.)

So I'm not crazy!! Yea see? Wireless has it's cons...Really bad cons...
Yeah but so does wired. The main con being you need to have LOADS of ugly looking wires running all around your home... I've now seen so many [(EDIT) Yellow] ethernet cables it gives me nightmares!
Last edited by mczack at Oct 28, 2008,
im mobile, currently in my work truck while waiting on a customer to show up, but have internet access through that. at home i use both but preferred wired to prevent lag
Gear:
Ibanez PC5
Ibanez RG120
Peavey Vypry 15w
Wireless, I'm catching the waves with an adapter from the modem downstairs.

Quote by Guitarmike123
I use a wire because I fear haxxzors and leaching neighbors.

If you have a password on your connection, no one can get to it. Unless they're some kind of uber hacker, which in that case you may have to ask yourself whether or not you have stolen government files.
Last edited by thewho65 at Oct 28, 2008,
Quote by thewho65

If you have a password on your connection, no one can get to it. Unless they're some kind of uber hacker, which in that case you may have to ask yourself whether or not you have stolen government files.

breaking WPA encryption isn't that ard, WPA2 is harder but doable, although really noone is going to bother if there are other insecured networks available unless they really want something on your computer.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
wireless at home

wired at uni

poll needs "both" option
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
My desktop is wired, my bro's 360 is wireless, and two other computers are wireless.

Wired is so much faster.
For real.
so many people saying wired is faster than wireless.

IMO not true. i have wired at uni and wireless at home and they are both equally fast
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Quote by midi pure
so many people saying wired is faster than wireless.

IMO not true. i have wired at uni and wireless at home and they are both equally fast

it depends on your network and how your router is set up, but generally if you are at home or whatever the computer wired directly to the modem or wired through the router will be faster than the wireless connection.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Is it possible to add another option to the poll? In which case, how? Cuz I need to add a both option for voters.
Page 1 of 2