I am looking for a Mini-Jumbo 12-string acoustic-electric, cutaway, maple top, back, and sides, maple neck, with built-in tuner.

My budget is $500-$800.

What would be a good brand, I've looked around, I just want UG's recommendations.
Don't bump after 25 minutes - it's forum, not a chatroom.

Do you have a reason for such a specific guitar?
First off - maple is, in my experience, a pretty neutral tonewood - good for back and sides so that you really hear the top; But a maple top just isn't a very common choice. What's wrong with spruce? or cedar?

You're really limiting yourself with mini-jumbo, what about the mini design appeals to you?

Have you used an acoustic guitar with cutaway extensively? I personally don't find a need for them, just something to consider as a means of broadening your choices.
Quote by guitar/bass76
Don't bump after 25 minutes - it's forum, not a chatroom.

Do you have a reason for such a specific guitar?
First off - maple is, in my experience, a pretty neutral tonewood - good for back and sides so that you really hear the top; But a maple top just isn't a very common choice. What's wrong with spruce? or cedar?

You're really limiting yourself with mini-jumbo, what about the mini design appeals to you?

Have you used an acoustic guitar with cutaway extensively? I personally don't find a need for them, just something to consider as a means of broadening your choices.

Why so bitter? Oh wait, you're not old are you?
Try not to double post please. There's an edit function. I may give a warning next time(or not if im in a good mood) since you've already done it twice and it's stated clearly in the rules that double posting is prohibited.

Anyway... guitar/bass76 had the right idea. Maple is a very clear sort of tone wood that reflects the sound of the top wood. With a maple top, you're going to get an extremely simplistic sound without any tonal complexity. If that's what you like then so be it, but the problem is that you won't find any good build quality all maple guitars. All maple guitars are usually made by companies who are always producing poor quality instruments.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
First off, I am sorry about the double posting, its a bad habit. I'll be sure to use the EDIT next time.

And I apologize for being short and snappy.

Anyway about the guitar. I really like the jumbo because it gives a bigger sound. I also like the chorus-y effect of the 12-string.

I play electrics mostly so I'm somewhat uneducated in the acoustic realm. Could you help me decide what wood I need/want?

I want a bright, yet well balanced sound. I play mostly folk, glam, and jazz-blues.

What tonewood would you recommend for the back and sides? top? neck? rosewood or ebony fretboard?
Jumbo? Good choice.

Honest to God, this is one of the best guitars for under $1000 in my books. I don't care that the headstock is kinda ugly, it sounds amazing. There's no electronics, but there is a version with electronics for about $100 more. The electronics are great(I have two guitars with the same electronics), it'll play real nice, it'll have a bright but balanced sound, and it'll project the sound right out there too.

I know that fret boards and neck materials are really important in electric guitars, but in acoustic guitars, most of the tone comes from the body anyway, so the effects of the neck and fret board material aren't very noticeable at all. Heck, I can't tell a difference.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.