Hi

Im going guitar shopping tomorrow and i was looking for suggestions on a metal guitar in the $300-500 range.

Im also looking to buy a new pedal.
Im trying to achieve a Type O Negative sound I also like Rammstein..
Last edited by Maskless at Oct 28, 2008,
Most on here would recommend something like a BC Rich or ESP, though I find them rather limited tonally. My Ibanez RG350DX is fantastic for metal, but its also great for any other style. I even used it on a jazz recording I recently did.
Quote by longestsoloever
Most on here would recommend something like a BC Rich or ESP, though I find them rather limited tonally. My Ibanez RG350DX is fantastic for metal, but its also great for any other style. I even used it on a jazz recording I recently did.

most people wouldnt recomend bc rich they would recomend ibanez
try ltd ibanez and jackson
what type of bridge do u want?
edit:wtf y did this get bumped??
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
esp and ibanez are best in that price range. got my esp online for only 250. about 400 in a typical guitar shop.
for pedals get a boss metal zone. best distortion you will ever buy. it dominates the boss metal core any day
For Rammstein you're going to want some kind of guitar with EMGs in it... I believe Richard Kruspe uses an ESP KH-2, but I think he has a signature guitar himself now.

An ESP LTD will work easily; not sure about Type O Negative, though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Goodtimes666
for pedals get a boss metal zone. best distortion you will ever buy. it dominates the boss metal core any day

lol no

If you ever want more 'distortion' or gain get a Fulltone OCD. Never, ever buy a pedal with 'metal' in the name aside from the Metal Muff.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
lol no

If you ever want more 'distortion' or gain get a Fulltone OCD. Never, ever buy a pedal with 'metal' in the name aside from the Metal Muff.

I wouldn't even recommend the Metal Muff.

ProCo RAT all the way!
The Ibanez RG350DX is an excellent choice if your looking for a tremolo guitar for metal.
Yup! My uncle has a rg350 and It even sounded pretty good through my old MG (Shit I know) when It was cranked to hell. My uncle has a band that practices in his basement, he doest play though. So I brought my MG and played the rg350, since I was going against drums I cranked it to ten and it sounded pretty damn bitchen. Anything sounds good cranked. Except a spider...alright and mg's ANY other time. ( I was just happy/excited I got to push an amp to 10 ahahah)
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14