basically i just found out i have a drama school audition next friday and i need a classical monologue and a modern one which have to be around 2 mins long each and i need to know the main content of the play, i have got the classical one already which is othello by shakespeare but i really dont know many modern plays...
so does anyone know any plays that have a good monologue or speech in them please??
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
Google it my friend.
Or, there is a line from A Mid Summer Nights Dream thats pretty good, I was in the play last year, its a big speil about .. Well I forget, but its a bis speil
call me Shelby

ok cheers guys, ill check those out now
xxx

The Woman in Black
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
That Shakespeare play.. The 12th Night? I dug that.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The Woman in Black

has to be the scariest play i have ever seen, my favourite play aswell i would love to do a piece from that but i cant find a script or anything from it online?

and i cant do anything from shakespeares time because it has to be modern, from 60's era and onwards
xxx

You could try 'Tally's Blood' or 'Blood Brothers' I am sure there are many others...just can't think of them just now...
Quote by kwidjibo1
has to be the scariest play i have ever seen, my favourite play aswell i would love to do a piece from that but i cant find a script or anything from it online?

This is a teacher's pack that has a few extracts... not sure how long they'd each need to be.
http://www.thewomaninblack.com/wib_pack.pdf

I'm getting chills trying to think of my scariest moment from it but there's quite a few. I'd gladly go see it again
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
This is a teacher's pack that has a few extracts... not sure how long they'd each need to be.
http://www.thewomaninblack.com/wib_pack.pdf

I'm getting chills trying to think of my scariest moment from it but there's quite a few. I'd gladly go see it again

hmm i think the bit right at the end where u see her ghost slowing going up the stairs in the back ground is bad, also do you remember the rocking cheer and there freaky childs music box playing in the dark
xxx

The rocking chair was one of the worst parts. The sound that they used for it was horrible.

I remember the bit towards the end though where the Mum and child are on the cart and the ghost is there and causes everything.

....I have goosebumps. Eurgh.
Quote by SteveHouse
i need to see that a 3rd time lol. and can anyone find a bigger extract from the woman in black, because it is all based on long speeches from the 2 main characters after all. i just cant seem to find extracts from it or quotes online
xxx

How bout doing something from Blood Brothers? There's quite a few monologues in that. Brilliant play as well....DO IT!
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Quote by goth clash
How bout doing something from Blood Brothers? There's quite a few monologues in that. Brilliant play as well....DO IT!

i would but im struggling to find any actually extracts or parts of the plays for some reason, if you could find me a link to a monologue to it or something i would really appreciate it
xxx

the Hot House by Harold Pinter is one of my favorites, and has a lot of good monolouges in it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by kwidjibo1
i would but im struggling to find any actually extracts or parts of the plays for some reason, if you could find me a link to a monologue to it or something i would really appreciate it

http://www.musictheatreofdenton.com/audition_Mickey.pdf
Right there, mate.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.