Hi

I know you guys will probably say "eww plywood, no point in getting a new pickup", but here's the deal:

The humbucker pickup in my Epiphone Les Paul Junior ('crap' model) sounds too crap for words into my main amp (Laney VC30), partly because its just a muddy pickup, and partly because the amp doesn't like high output pickups that much. So i've been considering getting a HB sized P90 for it - i like the guitar, you see But i want to change the sound to something the amp will be able to deal with better thus being an improvement, as opposed to actually improving the guitars tone, and i know the VC30 LOVES P90 pickups.

The one i've seen that seems promising is the Irongear Alchemist 90, which costs £25. Are there any other HB sized P-90s available in the UK that aren't too expensive? Any other suggestions?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
To be honest the best valued humbucker P90 you'd find imo is the Bareknuckle Mule, but even that costs somewhere between £70 - £90. However it is a truly awesome pickup, handwound, and sounds fantastic. A nice thick, warm, vintage P90 type sound.
Quote by AdamDK
To be honest the best valued humbucker P90 you'd find imo is the Bareknuckle Mule, but even that costs somewhere between £70 - £90. However it is a truly awesome pickup, handwound, and sounds fantastic. A nice thick, warm, vintage P90 type sound.

trouble is that costs almost as much as the guitar itself, and probably won't sound quite so fantastic in this guitar not willing to pay more than £30, and the less the better really hehe.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.