So I decided to buy a new guitar soon. I kinda decided what i need. A guitar which is suited for good distortion cos i play metal and some nice cleans too. I decided a hardtail guitar with seymour duncans. Which guitar can you suggest me which not less than 600 dollars also not more than 1000.
I dont want to go actives since im playing at home and i cant use loud tube amps in my apartment. I already have a gt8 but if you can suggest me something which has good dist and cleans and not so complicated as gt8 but not as narrow as a roland cube please tell but mainly i need advice on guitar.
Last edited by blind.quardian at Oct 28, 2008,
www.espguitars.com

And for the record....

A guitar with good distortion cos i play metal

A guitar does not have good distortion - an amp or pedal does.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by blind.quardian
So I decided to buy a new guitar soon. I kinda decided what i need. A guitar with good distortion cos i play metal and some nice cleans too. I decided a hardtail guitar with seymour duncans. Which guitar can you suggest me which not less than 600 dollars also not more than 1000.
I dont want to go actives since im playing at home and i cant use loud tube amps in my apartment. I already have a gt8 but if you can suggest me something which has good dist and cleans and not so complicated as gt8 but not as narrow as a roland cube please tell but mainly i need advice on guitar.

also the active pups wont make a differance to the volume
Quote by strat0blaster
www.espguitars.com

And for the record....

A guitar does not have good distortion - an amp or pedal does.

oops i made a mistake there edited.

@bass_monkey. i know actives dont change the volume but i guess you couldnt understand what i wrote. I meant i dont want actives cos they are suited for tube amp and bad for ss amp and tube amps are loud so i cant buy a tube amp to use with my active pickup guitar.

Hope the other comments will be more useful...
Quote by bass_monkey
also the active pups wont make a differance to the volume

yes but to get the full sound out of actives a higher volume is usally required
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
don't listen to esp or shechter...washburn's new line of electrics are awesome! they have awesome features and body designs...great quality for your money. read! some have seymour duncan pups and some have emg's and other awesome stuff

http://washburn.com/products/electrics/index.aspx

look at the idol series, they're awesome!
Why ask other people which guitar? Everyone is different and likes different shaped necks, body styles, tones, pickups etc. Play a whole bunch of guitars and find out what YOU like and what specs you're after. Keep an open mind and you'll be fine.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by dbl93100
don't listen to esp or shechter...washburn's new line of electrics are awesome! they have awesome features and body designs...great quality for your money. read! some have seymour duncan pups and some have emg's and other awesome stuff

http://washburn.com/products/electrics/index.aspx

look at the idol series, they're awesome!

I personally didn't like the idol series at all. In fact I think they're hideous, but everyone's entitled to they're opinions. But I will say that just because they have SD's or EMG's doesn't make them awesome.
Quote by futurejimmypage
HOLEY MOLEY MACCARONI!!!! you are like 7 hours into the future. Whats it like? is the war over? is bush dead? Are the new episodes of family guy out yet? is global warming over? Did they unfreeze walt Disney???

Don't listen to anything! F*CK THE WORLD AND PLAY RUBBER BANDS ON A SHOE BOX LIKE A REAL MAN!
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you