The only problem is that we have to have it learnt in 5 days! Here's our specification for the song:
1) only one guitarist, bassist drummer and singer.
2) less than 6 minutes
3) no rapping (cept rage! ).
4) no sex pistols
5) we've all been playing for two to three years so technical provisioncy is not a problem.
6) it needs to be extremely catchy.
7) refer to 4)! lol

so, any ideas?
for genre, anything like Kings of Leon, Nirvanna and REM.

thanks!
Last edited by TheSecondRaid at Oct 28, 2008,
I managed to learn D' You know what I mean by Oasis in 2 days for a talant show with a band. Anthing by Oasis is kinda easy to learn, sounds good and people will be singing it for a couple of days after
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
yeah I'd like to do rage, but we're not allowed to swear and if we do do that song we'd have to censor it i.e. 'flip u I won't do what u tell me.'
Go for something that the crowd will like, which would increase your chances of winning over the judges cause they will see the crowd enjoyed it.

I would actually say sex on fire by kings of leon, as people seem to be raving for that song recently, even thought i hate it, i think its discusting but hey thats my opinion.
But i dunno if thats one or two guitars xD

But generally go for something the crowd will enjoy.
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH in Crimson Red
Reverend Sensei HB FM in Tobacco Burst
Fender Vintage C Neck, HH, Surf Green Nitrocellulose (Handmade)

Egnater Rebel-30 MKI Head
Egnater Tourmaster Series 412B 280W 4x12 Cabinet
Born of a Broken Man has no swearing, and its really easy. Its also amazing
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
Quote by Aurigo
Go for something that the crowd will like, which would increase your chances of winning over the judges cause they will see the crowd enjoyed it.

That was actually recomended by the head of music for us to do. I've been trying to arange it for one guitar. it's still an option for us. (oh, and it's a crowd vote.)

anybody else got any suggestions. anything will help! thanks!
My band did Blitzkreig Bop by the Ramones and followed it up with Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana. Its all lasted bout 4 minutes if u cut the songs right. The crowd LOVED it. Seriously, I had ppl I had never seen b4 come up to me at school and say how awesome it was. Our band is a 3 piece so it shouldnt be a problem for yall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Kc2aiuxsU

heres the vid if u want to use those songs. u can cut em how we did so its under 5 min.
Ibanez RGT42DX
-D'Addario .09-.42
Washburn X10
-Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottem
Cort 5 String Bass

Kustom Arrow 160FX
Electro-Harmonix-Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Digitech-Grunge

Last edited by r3conmarine90 at Oct 28, 2008,
uhm.... lynyrd skynyrd is great, but free bird is way too long..
You should play something from guitar hero, this is sad , so people may actually know what you are playing. play the goofy goober rock! enter sandman???? iron man would be a good one. most...... some people would recognize it. I love the beatles, i'de play blackbird or something. twist and shout would be funny. Raining blood...
Quote by Bucketheadroolz
uhm.... lynyrd skynyrd is great, but free bird is way too long..
You should play something from guitar hero, this is sad , so people may actually know what you are playing. play the goofy goober rock! enter sandman???? iron man would be a good one. most...... some people would recognize it. I love the beatles, i'de play blackbird or something. twist and shout would be funny. Raining blood...

I know what you mean, most of the crowd will be 13 year old girls who only know fall out boy and what's in the charts. (hence sex on fire)!
goofy goober!!! never thought of doing that!
Quote by r3conmarine90
My band did Blitzkreig Bop by the Ramones and followed it up with Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana. Its all lasted bout 4 minutes if u cut the songs right. The crowd LOVED it. Seriously, I had ppl I had never seen b4 come up to me at school and say how awesome it was. Our band is a 3 piece so it shouldnt be a problem for yall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Kc2aiuxsU

heres the vid if u want to use those songs. u can cut em how we did so its under 5 min.

saw the vid! quite kool!!! smells like teen spirit seems like a too obvious choice.
( loved the wah on the teen spirit solo!!! )
Do Smells like Teen Spirit. Easy to play yet impressive if you just put some feel in it.
no we need something original, catchy, and something instantly recognisable.

thanks abd keep 'em coming!
Some RHCP ?

Dani california, Californication , By the way, The Zephr Song or Under the bridge would probably be the best choices
Quote by TheSecondRaid
I know what you mean, most of the crowd will be 13 year old girls who only know fall out boy and what's in the charts. (hence sex on fire)!
goofy goober!!! never thought of doing that!

yea, i hate it when people ask me to play crappy bands on my guitar at school. goofy goober rock is basically twisted sister's i wanna rock with a way cooler solo. i improvise the solo with wah. its really cool and everyone likes spongebob
and red hot chili peppers would be awsome if i were playing, but the crwod would only know a tab bit of dani california and snow.