Heya!
I recently ordered an electric guitar, amp, microphone a mixer board and some more stuff. Now i was looking for a software for my PC which i can use to put effets to my voice such as echo, reverb etc.

I'm planning to connect the microphone to the mixer board (http://www.thomann.de/se/the_tmix_mix_502.htm) and then to the computer, and use the stereo speakers that i have connected to my computer for the voice.

Any suggestions? and also, how can i do to record the voice and the guitar on the computer? is it possible i can do something with the help of the mixer board?

Thanks in advanced! Answers are really appreciated

if you want something free i'd recommend Audacity

But if you want a better record/editing program i'd definitley would tell you Logic Pro8 Or Cubase or anything like that, Theyre expansive but i'm shure you can work around that :P

(Torrents, Crack and all those stuff)

And to get you're guitar as clean as possible you need to have a Jack To Tulip/mini jack (or whatever its called in englishm Im dutch dont bash me) Cable and then plug it in your computer.

Same with the microphone if its XLR then look for a cable that can go from XLR to Tulip/mini jack

Thats all i can help right now, Im learning for Studio Engineer and i only have had a half year so far so i guess someone else can help better but i tried !

Oh and i just read about you're mixer its analogue uh ?
Nice !
Analogue sounds great i think better then digital mixers.
And Check if there's an output from there to you're computer then the mic will be easy'er to record.
But i'd do the guitar without mixer its better to mix that with cubase or logic for instance
Last edited by G-loony at Oct 28, 2008,
Thanks! yup it's analogue Btw i checked my sound card, it's a creative sound blaster audigy 2 zs, and it has 1 LINE IN (Aux Audio in), which i suppose i would need to use :P which would be the best way to go from the mixer board (http://www.thomann.de/se/the_tmix_mix_502.htm) to the LINE IN on the computer?? what cable should i buy?
Quote by Rexoar
Thanks! yup it's analogue Btw i checked my sound card, it's a creative sound blaster audigy 2 zs, and it has 1 LINE IN (Aux Audio in), which i suppose i would need to use :P which would be the best way to go from the mixer board (http://www.thomann.de/se/the_tmix_mix_502.htm) to the LINE IN on the computer?? what cable should i buy?

Well i'd Suggest you plug the mic in through the analogue mixer.
And the guitar right in the computer, Because then it'll be easyer to mix through different efx and tweaking and all that.

Well i don't know what you need for the mixer to computer but im shure you got an cable with it when you bought it ? no? then if not i'd return to the store or the person where you bought it and ask them if they know about it.

And for the guitar, You also could do that one in the mixer but like i said, you can also buy a Jack2MiniJack (Or tulip) so you can plug from you're guitar right into you're computer.