Page 1 of 7
http://www.theroot.com/id/48533?GT1=38002

Love the picture of the black guy with the sandwich
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

well some people do have a genetic disposition to being fat, also it mentions BMI as an indicator, and BMI is wildly innacurate as an indicator of being overweight.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
That's very misleading. It's not taxing people for being fat. It's making them pay more for their health insurance, because they are more likely to have health related issues. Nothing wrong with that.
The BMI thing is kinda crap, I mean I have friends who are body builders and OBVIOUSLY not fat but because they're 6"1" and almost 300 lbs (I'm skinny, I love hanging out with these people... No one will ever **** with you lol) they're considered fat by BMI.

BMI really doesn't tell you if you're fat ppl.

yo' mama is so fat that she fell in love and broke it...ok i fail
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by magnum1117

yo' mama is so fat that she fell in love and broke it...ok i fail

I actually lol'd
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

well it seems like a good idea, but I am not fat so it doesn't concern me
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Where's the skinny tax then?

You shouldn't have one without the other.

Basically what I'm saying is... that's BS and should be scrapped.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Well to be fair, being skinny is seen as a healthy thing..
Being charged for being a little bit over weight is not just discriminatation, it's also unhealthy which makes sense with the health insurance costs and all.

But it is discriminatation, so idk it's a picky topic.
Quote by buddha

Quote by shakin'cakes
I actually lol'd

oh, i don't fail at all
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
well some people do have a genetic disposition to being fat, also it mentions BMI as an indicator, and BMI is wildly innacurate as an indicator of being overweight.

Someone's getting defensive....

fatty

Sorry.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

No it isn't. Fat people are generally going to have more health problems, and insurance is going to have to pay more for them. It's perfectly fair. Again, it's not charging them for being fat. It's making them pay more for their premiums because they are at risk for health problems.
Quote by shakin'cakes
Being charged for being a little bit over weight is not just discriminatation, it's also unhealthy which makes sense with the health insurance costs and all.

Being skinny can be just as unhealthy but in a differant way.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

Yeah, airlines can't tell you you're fat.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Spamwise
No it isn't. Fat people are generally going to have more health problems, and insurance is going to have to pay more for them. It's perfectly fair. Again, it's not charging them for being fat. It's making them pay more for their premiums because they are at risk for health problems.

I mean people who are underweight. Who are also endangering their health. Not just people who are slim.

It'd maybe make sense to make people who are endangering their health more by eating more and becoming clinically obese but surely if we do that we'd need a smoker's tax and a tax for drinking alcohol and anything else damaging. It's not going to happen.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
we'd need a smoker's tax and a tax for drinking alcohol and anything else damaging.

Have you seen the price of cigs recently?! Or a pint? I think we already are!
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by shakin'cakes

actually being underweight can be really really bad for you.

Last.fm
Fatties better stop eating their slaughterhouse runoff. Vegetarians ftw.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
^People who smoke and drink do have to pay more for their premiums, iirc. Also, being underweight is unhealthy too, but not nearly as unhealthy as being overweight. Beng overweight can lead to heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer, fat chicks, etc...
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Have you seen the price of cigs recently?! Or a pint? I think we already are!

To be fair the price of everything is up....

Quote by Spamwise
^People who smoke and drink do have to pay more for their premiums, iirc. Also, being underweight is unhealthy too, but not nearly as unhealthy as being overweight. Beng overweight can lead to heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer, fat chicks, etc...

I now refuse to take you seriously.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by Spamwise

being underweight also causes heart disease, anemia and several other issues, not to mention that a lot of people who are severly underweight are that way because of eating disorders (same with overweight people really) which cause a lot of problems as well.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
actually being underweight can be really really bad for you.

By skinny I meant normal weight, bad terminology I guess.
Quote by buddha

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
being underweight also causes heart disease, anemia and several other issues, not to mention that a lot of people who are severly underweight are that way because of easting disorders (same with overweight people really) which cause a lot of problems as well.

Thank you. I didn't want to have to go dig things up and find it myself but yeah this basically.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I SO saw that coming
Quote by buddha

can't people just eat normal and perhabs exercise a bit? I mean, come on..

Also, if they're gonna take the BMI as an index, they really fail!
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
being underweight also causes heart disease, anemia and several other issues, not to mention that a lot of people who are severly underweight are that way because of eating disorders (same with overweight people really) which cause a lot of problems as well.

I never said it was healthy. Obesity is still a bigger deal though and is more widespread (especially in states like Alabma) than anorexia or bulemia is.

It was a joke.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
smoker's tax and a tax for drinking alcohol and anything else damaging. It's not going to happen.

i think you are taxed more for doing those things with your health insurance and both alcohol and tobacco are already taxed more highly then say a value meal at mcdonalds
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Quote by Spamwise

It was a joke.

I'm gonna love this argument
Quote by buddha

Quote by Spamwise
I never said it was healthy. Obesity is still a bigger deal though and is more widespread (especially in states like Alabma) than anorexia or bulemia is.

It may be more widespread, but it is discriminatory to charge people with one type of disorder (i.e. compulsive overeating) than someone with another (like Bulemia) both of which are pretty much equally bad for you. Also, I really don't think morbis obesity is much more widespread than anorexia or bulemia, it's just that being fat is less acceptable so it's derided and reported on more.

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Oct 28, 2008,
Quote by shakin'cakes
I SO saw that coming

Call me predictable if you will...

Quote by Spamwise
It was a joke.

Just because you know something like that is a joke to you doesn't mean it won't hurt anybody. People don't even realise this, it's pretty stupid :/

Quote by reedplaysgeetar
i think you are taxed more for doing those things with your health insurance and both alcohol and tobacco are already taxed more highly then say a value meal at mcdonalds

well yeah maybe but they're "luxuries" aren't they... it's still similar though.
Quote by SteveHouse
unfortunately fat people like myself are one of the few groups it's still okay to harass and belittle

thanks society, you're awesome
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.