What's the difference between the Laney LC15 and the LC15R?

Cheers

Edit:

Would the Laney GS112VE Cab go with the LC15.

Cab Specs:
1x12
RMS 75w

Thanks
Last edited by Jak Archer at Oct 28, 2008,
Cheers and Do you know if the both of the amps have a external speaker output, if so do you know a cheap 1x12 or 2x12 cabinet.
http://www.laney.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod=lc15-110

Did you look here?

EDIT: Use the stock speaker - a cheap cab will sound horrible.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
There is a 4x12 Cab Hayden Peacemaker. Does anyone own a peacemaker cab?
Quote by Jak Archer
Because I'm gonna play loud at Thameside. I don't know if 15watts will be loud enough.

15 watts WILL be very loud.

They have a PA there as well, right?
If not, crank the amp and crank an OD.

If you do get a 4x12, getting a cheap one will make your sound sound WORSE, as the stock 10" is probably higher quality then a no-brand speaker.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
if you add up the cost of the laney lc15r + gs112 cab, you're likely to have enough (like, within about £20, anyway) to just get a laney vc30, which more than likely will be loud enough, and which is a nicer amp too.

what type of music do you play, though? the vc30 is quite vintage- and british-sounding, so it's only a good choice if it suits the stuff you play.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the lc15 + 15r, or the lc15 versus the vc15/30?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i've only tried the lc15, unfortunately...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm going to allegro music to try the laney LC15 and Fender Super Champ XD out and see which is better.
good idea, the super champ is pretty cool.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
With the super champ will I be able to upgrade the speaker or will I not be able to because of it being a modelling amp.
i don't see why you couldn't upgrade the speaker, but i could be wrong.

why are you so desperate to upgrade the speaker? it's not a bad idea, just it's an expensive mod on a cheap amp- add the speaker upgrade cost to the cheaper amp and you could maybe just get a better amp...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a £100 credit note towards the Super champ and it has to be paid by December. But I went to Allegro today to try out Super champ and The Laney LC15 and the LC15 sounded horrible in my opinion and the Super champ Sounded good
oh ok. yeah, if you prefer the super champ go with that, i wasn't that fussed on the lc15 i tried, if i had to pick between the two i'd take the super champ too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i'm not sure. it has a tube power amp i think, and the 15 watt one might be all-tube on the clean channel, but all the modelling is digital, i think. it sounded pretty tubey to me, though- similar type of thing to a line 6 spider valve, i think, though i preferred the fender. i guess it depends on what you consider to be all-valve... it's a lot more all-valve than something like a marshall avt (or similar hybrids), that's for sure.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i'm honestly not certain, i'd need to see the schematic... it's possible none of it is completely all-tube. not that that necessarily matters if it sounds and feels good enough, though, i mean if you put an od pedal in there you're going to have some solid state stuff in there anyway...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?