hey all
so i just bought this "rare, vintage" japan-made alvarez electric guitar off ebay
BADASS guitar
but um.. i didnt realize that rare or vintage meant that its going to be difficulty to find parts
alvarez no longer makes electrics, so it makes it exceedingly difficulty to find parts
i dont know the model or anything, but i found some pictures
this is not my guitar, but its the same model:
http://www.guitar-museum.com/guitar-8479-Alvarez-Electric-Guitar-With-Graphite-Neck

anyone have any ideas how to replace parts? the bridge that it came with from the person is absolute sh*t and is so flimsy
i was told by my guitar repair guy that the US tremolo bridge strat would not work in the bridge since the holes wont "line up"
i need to replace the bridge, and want to replace the pickguard and back plate
can someone please help as to what i should do/where i can find these?

thanks so much
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
Last edited by AXmichigan at Oct 28, 2008,
First I would get a set of calipers (borrow or buy) and measure the critical dimensions of the bridge you wish to replace! Overall size, mounting hole locations/distances etc. Then armed with that, look at the parts stores on the Web (STEW MAC, Luthiers Merch etc) and see if they've got anything close to what you measured. Note - if you plan to modify a guitar, basic measuring skills are essential - unless your idea of a "mod" is strictly refinishing.
Moving on.....
yea i just want to be able to replace all these old and bad parts with new ones!
thanks for the help, ill measure the bridge and see what i can hopefully do

what do you suggest for the pickguard?
i know making a custom one is expensive, and probably not worth it though
any ideas?
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn