Hi Im looking at upgrading my bridge pick up on my LTD F-50, I want something good for metal.

Are Emgs hard to install, they seem pretty popular for metal. Or would a passive pickup be better.

My amp is a cube 30x.
EMGs would sound crap with a cube 30x, you need a tube amp for actives to work well with.

passive = better

STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
EMG's sound great with any amp, and if you have a bit of an under powerd small amp, they are absolutley masher
try Duncan super distortion or invaders, Synyster Gates uses invaders, and are about 80$ a pickup.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by codyofadown
EMG's sound great with any amp, and if you have a bit of an under powerd small amp, they are absolutley masher

errr...no they don't.............

you could get passive EMGs, EMG-HZs, but they're not very good, or so i've heard.

Quote by cornmancer
Quote by Hoodoo Child
EMGs would sound crap with a cube 30x, you need a tube amp for actives to work well with.

passive = better

i have a cube 20x and i have a guitar with an 81 and a guitar with a passive gibson/duncan combo and the guitars sound very similar, if not exactly the same.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
i have a cube 20x and i have a guitar with an 81 and a guitar with a passive gibson/duncan combo and the guitars sound very similar, if not exactly the same.

well that's news to me.

every other thread i've seen says EMGs sound crap with SS amps...

Quote by cornmancer
well he said they sound exactly the same, so obviously either of the pickups is not sounding as well as it should.

Passives are the way to go...
Quote by guitarmaniac88
try Duncan super distortion or invaders, Synyster Gates uses invaders, and are about 80$ a pickup.

Not much of A7x fan, are the duncan super distortions good for thrash/death metal?
Are they straight foward to install?
Quote by guitarcam123
well he said they sound exactly the same, so obviously either of the pickups is not sounding as well as it should.

Passives are the way to go...

they sound exactly the same because of the cube, i've played/owned five different guitars, all with different pickup combos, and all 5 guitars sounded the same through the cube.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.