Simple as that
Im in need of a new guitar and I've narrowed it down to these 2. I play in a Death/Black Metal band, I've also got accustomed to the Schecter neck but it is fairly beefy.

Also on the ESP it looks like the upper fret access isnt that well. If anyone has one how well is it?

what are the pros and cons of both?

thanks
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
Schecter imo, since it's cheaper and looks cooler :p . I suggest trying both out extensively before making your choice, since the guitars share most of the same features and really boils down to how you like each neck profile / shape.
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
Because of manufacturer preference, I will always choose Schecter. But luckily, I have also played the V-1 and it is pretty fucking sick in terms of looks, specs, and playability.
gahhh you guys arent making this easy for me >.< haha
how is the upper fret access on the ESP?
also im not too thrilled about the lower horn being bigger on the schecter than the upper horn -.-
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
I have this ESP V you speak of. Considering you are getting a V you probably want to play metal/fast stuff. Schecters have the most annoying necks I've ever played. Get the LTD man. The neck is thin and fast.

Upper fret access is a breeze, I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be. The LTD is also probably a lot lighter than the Schecter.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Last edited by YourDad at Oct 28, 2008,
1. It isn't an ESP, it's a LTD.
2. Get the one you like the most, I like the Schecter more.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by DespisedIcon
1. It isn't an ESP, it's a LTD.
2. Get the one you like the most, I like the Schecter more.

*ahem*

An LTD.

And I just like to even it out by saying ESP LTD. It's the same damn company, and theres a hell of a lot more LTDs than ESPs. And yes, I know that ESP has the custom shop.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by itchy guitar

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Last edited by YourDad at Oct 28, 2008,
Well the V-500 looks better in my opinion but the Hellraiser is much more versatile since the V-500 has two EMG 81's I think.I hate rounded V guitars but I've played both and the Hellraiser plays better and feels sturdier even though it has a beefy neck I got used to it.
Last edited by devilmaycrykid at Oct 28, 2008,
Quote by devilmaycrykid
Well the V-500 looks better in my opinion but the Hellraiser is much more versatile since the V-1 has two EMG 81's I think.I hate rounded V guitars but I've played both and the V-1 plays better and feels sturdier even though it has a beefy neck I got used to it.

Both have dual 81s.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by itchy guitar

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by YourDad
Both have dual 81s.

No the V-1 has the EMG 81 and 89 with coil tap.

In my previous post I meant to say the LTD had two 81's not the V-1.
Last edited by devilmaycrykid at Oct 28, 2008,
Quote by YourDad
*ahem*

An LTD.

And I just like to even it out by saying ESP LTD. It's the same damn company, and theres a hell of a lot more LTDs than ESPs. And yes, I know that ESP has the custom shop.

actually it's not an ltd it a ltd an only comes if the first letter in the next wird is a vowel you would say an apple but never say an lion
and to stay on topic id get the shecter
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by YourDad
I have this ESP V you speak of. Considering you are getting a V you probably want to play metal/fast stuff. Schecters have the most annoying necks I've ever played. Get the LTD man. The neck is thin and fast.

Upper fret access is a breeze, I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be. The LTD is also probably a lot lighter than the Schecter.

Fail. It's not the neck that makes the player fast.

If you like a beefier neck, get the schecter. If you like a thin flat neck, get the LTD.
Quote by alternitivebass
actually it's not an ltd it a ltd an only comes if the first letter in the next wird is a vowel you would say an apple but never say an lion

I believe you were looking for "word" not wird.

Dont slam other people if you cant spell your self.
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
Quote by Down Shifter
I believe you were looking for "word" not wird.

Dont slam other people if you cant spell your self.

That was obviously a typo, now shoo.
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
Quote by alternitivebass

fail. you are reading LTD letter by letter, an L-T-D, and the pronunciation of L starts with a vowel, as in "an FBI agent".

OP, get the LTD

Quote by alternitivebass

actually its an LTD, not just if a vowel comes after it, but also if it has a vowel sound. you pronounce LTD as "ell-tee-dee" so he was right, its an LTD. I made a 34 in english on the ACT, so im saying that we win and you lose. Another example is an hour, not a hour.

And, I know you didnt list it, but I think that the rr3 is much better than either of those guitars. Yes I know it uses seymour duncans, but thats why people have good amps, you get the same great tone, but with the metal sound you need.
Gibson Les Paul Special Faded with Evo bridge and PAF Joe neck. Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb.
Quote by rokknrollldude
wrathlegion, i would like to shake hands

Quote by AllUrBase
I assume you're playing just open strings, so not to scratch your frets.
Last edited by Wrathlegion at Oct 28, 2008,
Quote by lokster
That was obviously a typo, now shoo.

Im not stupid lol.
Can't tell sarcasum over the internet

You shoo!!
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.