how thin is this neck i am looking at a used ibanez but i have been playing a starcaster by fender and i am used to that neck will this neck be alot thinner or just a little
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
it will be a lot thinner

all the guitars on the ibanez site has neck dimensions under the description
Thinner then a strat. Wouldn't say alot thro, if you get used to it you will be able to play very fast on it.
Quote by di$TOrTed
it will be a lot thinner

all the guitars on the ibanez site has neck dimensions under the description

i know i saw that and it said 400mm neck radius well whats the raduis for a strat
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
just try it. I for one think the wizard II neck is amazing.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
its thinner then a strat, but not by too much. now if it were a wizard prestige that would be a totally different story. which guitar are you looking at btw?
Stack around 4 Quarters (or coins), and it should be that much less thick than a squier affinity neck.
Schecter Daimen FR Special
Guitar Rig 3
Go to Ibanez.com and look up the model guitar you like. When you select the guitar, there is a diagram of the exact specification and measurements of the neck. down to millimeters. Good luck!
I find it very comfortable. Then again I have relatively small hands. That might be it.
Quote by futurejimmypage
HOLEY MOLEY MACCARONI!!!! you are like 7 hours into the future. Whats it like? is the war over? is bush dead? Are the new episodes of family guy out yet? is global warming over? Did they unfreeze walt Disney???

Quote by HighPotency
It'll be like going from a log to a piece of paper.

Not really: everyone says Schecters have baseball bat necks, but I have no trouble swithing from an Ibanez to a Schecter or vice versa.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Wow the answers people give...

It depends on which model you pick up. Some of them have pretty much the same neck (C Shape back with probably a 12-14" fretboard radius), but the Wizard neck has a D shape; the middle of it it flatter than a C shape. If you have big hands, the Wizards might hurt a little bit to play. I have massive hands and they make my wrists hurt after about 15 minutes of playing....

Here's a good pic showing what I'm talking about

Fender uses the C shape, it's a pretty universal shape, everyone uses it haha
Older Gibsons and some other older guitars use the U shape (A.K.A. Baseball Bat neck)
Dean uses the Medium and Soft V Shape (My favorite)
And I'm not sure who uses the Hard V, that looks pretty uncomfortable.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]