Hey guys i've been playing guitar for abotu 3 1/2 years, and For some of reason, my pinky slows down my hand so much. When i'm play its like a fight to get my pinky to play a note. Its pretty much bent when I play. Is there any possible way of fixing this problem?
SG Commando #8, PM YOUNGBLOOD to join
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Waiting On Vox VT15 or VT30
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Thanks a lot of help man
SG Commando #8, PM YOUNGBLOOD to join
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Waiting On Vox VT15 or VT30
this is very random but playing guitar hero and the solo for Heartbreaker (real guitar) by Led Zeppelin helped me improve my pinky interdependence
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Quote by Yeti60
this is very random but playing guitar hero and the solo for Heartbreaker (real guitar) by Led Zeppelin helped me improve my pinky independence

Fixed. Interdependence is exactly what we want to get away from. I also don't think GH helped you at all; it was all the Zep in my opinion.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
yeah indepedence is what I meant, thanks... and I agree. GH did not help much, but it got me thinking about what my pinky was doing and where it should be and what it should be doing... now I try and incorporate my pinky into everything i play.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Quote by Yeti60
yeah indepedence is what I meant, thanks... and I agree. GH did not help much, but it got me thinking about what my pinky was doing and where it should be and what it should be doing... now I try and incorporate my pinky into everything i play.

I never used my pinky for guitar hero except for one or two occasions. That got me into such a bad habit for when I started playing guitar.
3.5 years and now you are worrying about your pinky?

I guess its never too later, but you did this to yourself.

Use it or lose it (or in your case have it hang off your hand like a curled up steamed shrimp cocktail)

Put that little puppy to work!!!
Try this loads, playing only with your pinky on the low E string:

- - 0-0-3-3-2-2-3-3-5-5-3-3-2-2-3-3 - -

I did this loads and now I can actually use my little finger way more than before.

(Also, first post whoop)
Last edited by JDbbx at Oct 29, 2008,
It's just a matter of relaxing your hand and using your pinky more. Try doing chromatics;

E:--------------------1234
A:----------------1234----
D:------------1234--------
G:--------1234------------
B:----1234----------------
e:1234--------------------

Those helped me unfurl the ol' pinky. Don't just do em' like that though, try doing it in different patterns like:

Mix it up, and make sure you're doing it all with a metronome. It's a great finger-builder that will help you get more independance in all your fingers, while focusing on the pinky in question.

Hope that helps
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play