It seems when I play guitar and just improvise some solo I'm allways running around in the same scale, playing the same things over and over again.

Sometimes I tell myself; now you're gonna avoid using any of the notes you normally use, but I end up ripping in the pentatonic scale (usually in A)

What can I do to avoid playing like that? When I do band practise and the guys ask me to play a solo to a number they've written I end up playing the same solo that I played for the last 3 numbers, but in a different key.

Technically I don't think theres a problem. I mean, sweeping do trouble me a little, but two handed tapping and fast picking isn't a problem.

P.S : The genre I play in is kinda like hard rock, or metal, but not really heavy metal, just rock, hard rock, and metal
tut tut, you've been taking herman ri's advice

STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Practice more scales and keys. If you use box shapes alot, learning major and minor scales should be easy. Even just moving a penatonic box to different positions and playing out of that should help.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
tut tut, you've been taking herman ri's advice

I feel kinda busted..... ehhm...

Isn't the weather wonderfull?
Quote by Danyg
I feel kinda busted..... ehhm...

Isn't the weather wonderfull?

STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
You're just going through the same motions over and over - you need stop following familiar patterns and actually start thinking about what you're playing and listening to what comes out.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com