Any Harsh Tastey Slap Bass melodies out there? I need to Get better at slap.

I mainly just improv with the minor pentatonic but that bores me.

Tastey beats.
Look at the Red Hot Chili Peppers specifically songs like: Higher Ground, Can't Stop, Tell Me Baby, Stone Cold Bush (especially the Crazy Slap solo), Storm in A Teacup, Get On Top, Naked In The Rain.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by IndianRockStar
This is good. Hair is also good, but an effing beast to play.

I find The Jam the hardest one, although Hair is trickier to remember. Both amazing lines...
Quote by DeltaFunk
Look at the Red Hot Chili Peppers specifically songs like: Higher Ground, Can't Stop, Tell Me Baby, Stone Cold Bush (especially the Crazy Slap solo), Storm in A Teacup, Get On Top, Naked In The Rain.

They are some harsh tastey beats
The Awakening by the Reddings. Claypool also did his take on this on the Les Claypool and the Holy Mackerel album "Highball with the Devil". The main theme isn't too hard, but the bridge is a bear. Great drum and bass song tho'.
Tommy the Cat by Primus. easy riff, a few kinda tricky fills, and a beast of a solo. but you can improvise your own little solo if you want to do the whole song.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
Tommy the Cat by Primus. easy riff, a few kinda tricky fills, and a beast of a solo. but you can improvise your own little solo if you want to do the whole song.

Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by Forcemaster

what? it's obvious, but what's bad about that?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
With all due respect, it's hardly the best song to set someone off learning slap. I would consider it far too difficult.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Marcus Miller's Scoop is pretty cool. You can try Marcus' Teen Town, but idk so much about that. Earthquake by larry Grahm is amazing, but probably pretty difficult. If you want something easy, try RHCP's Cant Stop. Its basically octave slap/pops in the verse.
Quote by DeltaFunk

You forgot Blackeyed Blonde, super tastey. Also try Aeroplane, its not so hard, but its very fun. Both by RHCP, of course.
Take the Power Back -- Rage against the Machine
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by PieDudeGuy
You forgot Blackeyed Blonde, super tastey. Also try Aeroplane, its not so hard, but its very fun. Both by RHCP, of course.

That one is good because of the left-hand involvement, most of the other Flea lines only require beastly right hand.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.