Hi I never ever played a electric guitar and I want to now. I want to play like the korean guy that plays Canon Rock which was composed by Jerry C. I came upon some guitars by the same brand but confused on what the differences are. I want to get a Epiphone but there is Epiphone SG G-400, Epiphone G-400, and theres Epiphone Faded SG G-400. Are they all the same and which one would be the best one to play Canon Rock? I'm not only going to learn how to play Canon Rock but I want to stick with the guitar and not buy new ones. Also whats a cheap but good amp to use with the following guitars? Sorry for so many questions but I have one more. Is there better guitars out there besides the Epiphone G-400 series that is around the same price.

Thanks for the help guys XP
For the amp, I'd say get a roland Micro Cube. Don't try Canon Rock right away, start with some more basic stuff. It'll take years to get to where you can play Canon Rock cleanly, so it'll take some dedication. Go by guitar center or another shop and play anything in your price range, and find a guitar that fits you. Don't just decide that you want one of those without playing the others.
Quote by Korea Rocks
which one would be the best one to play Canon Rock?

Whichever one you find to be more comfortable. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the only thing that makes a "shred" guitar is that the person playing it finds it comfortable.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I live in London Ontario Canada and my budget will be up to $500 for a guitar but the amp I'm not sure.
Funtwo (probably the guy you've heard) plays an ESP Alfee Custom SEC-28OTC with gold-colored detailed. Unfortunatly these aren't available anymore.

The difference between the SG's that you mention... Well G-400 and SG-400 are the same, but the faded model, means that the finish is faded, makes it look older
Last edited by Danyg at Oct 28, 2008,
Fender MIM HSS Stratocaster and a Roland Cube. You could buy them both on that budget. I'm not sure about the price on the SG's.
So their arent any differences between the SG-400 and the G-400? Then why did they make two different names and sell them in different names if their the same lol?

Thanks for the help guys
Quote by Korea Rocks
So their arent any differences between the SG-400 and the G-400? Then why did they make two different names and sell them in different names if their the same lol?

Thanks for the help guys

No idea, I've never heard of the SG-400, only the SG G-400
Sorry for so many question and thanks for the help irishstang_87. One last question I hope and is that will Roland Micro Cube give the same kind of quality as the one in Funtwo's video? Even though I might not be able to play it but I'm suddenly into the guitars a lot and going to dedicate most of my time as a hobby :P
Quote by Korea Rocks
Sorry I meant SG G-400 lol sorry about that. Oh and which amp are you guys talking about because theres 3 http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/Default.aspx?src=roland+Micro+Cube

The middle one is a bass amp so not that one but other than that which ever one you can afford.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Korea Rocks
Sorry for so many question and thanks for the help irishstang_87. One last question I hope and is that will Roland Micro Cube give the same kind of quality as the one in Funtwo's video? Even though I might not be able to play it but I'm suddenly into the guitars a lot and going to dedicate most of my time as a hobby :P

I think he's using a tube amp, which are way more expensive, but on the r-fier setting on the cube you'll get really close to his tone. The high gain amp modeling on the cube is great.
Quote by Ghold125
Funtwo uses a line 6 pod xt live or x3...

Didn't know that. For christ's sake, TS, don't buy a line 6. They're terrible, get the cube.
Quote by irishstang_87
Didn't know that. For christ's sake, TS, don't buy a line 6 spider. They're terrible, get the cube.

fixed.
pods are great for recording and effects...
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
So the Epiphone G-400 and Roland Micro Cube is a good start for a beginner? What would be the lowest price for them like the amout it would equal up to?
At Guitar Center prices, around $525. If you want to go cheaper look for them used.
Have you looked into Strats?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Nope havent looked into strats? But my question is that is their any better guitars than the Epiphone G-400 and what kind of strats?
Quote by Korea Rocks
Nope havent looked into strats? But my question is that is their any better guitars than the Epiphone G-400 and what kind of strats?

Yeah, actually, the HSS Mexican Strat kicks ass, and it's $100 cheaper than the SG.
Originally Posted by irishstang_87
Yeah, actually, the HSS Mexican Strat kicks ass, and it's $100 cheaper than the SG.

Do you have a site for HSS Mexican Strat? I searched it on google and guitarcenter but got like american ones that cost $1000+
Thanks for the help irishstang_87 and sorry for so many questions it's just I dont have time go out and have to get more info from the internet for now. Hope this is my last question and it's about the two guitars. Which one would be better to play Canon Rock and in over all good (excellent) in it's sound, reliability, and all the other things. Thanks
I haven't played the G-400, so I can't give an opinion on that, but for overall versatility I'd say the strat is better. Someone else will have to give you an opinion on that, though, the G-400 is probably better for metal.