over what i think in the chorus of trashed and scattered there is a solo that synyster plays over the top while matt sings. the following is a copied bit from the tab in which tabs the solo over the chorus

|--------13----12----------|---------17----15--13-12----|
||o-15-------------15-13-13-|-(13)-13----13-----------13-|
||-----14----14-------------|----------------------------|
||--------------------------|----------------------------|
||o-------------------------|----------------------------|
|
| Gtr II
| PM
||o-------------------------|----------------------------|
||---7-----7-----7--7-------|----------------------------|
||---7-----7-----7--7-----3-|---(3)--3--3----(3)--3--3--3-|
||o--5-----5-----5--5-----3-|--(3)--3--3----(3)--3--3--3-|
||---------------------3--3-|----(3)--3--3----(3)--3--3--3-|

Bb5 F5 C5
|----------13------------|---------------------------|
|-15----------15---------|---------------------------|
|----14-----------14-----|-----12----------------15--|
|-------15-----------14--|-14-----14-12----14-17-----|
|------------------------|--------------16-----------|
|------------------------|---------------------------|
|
|--3-----x------------5--|-(5)--5--5-----------------|
|--3-----x--3-(3)--x--5--|-(5)--5--5-----------------|
|--1-----x--3-(3)--x--3--|-(3)--3--3-----------------|
|-----------3-(3)--x-----|---------------------------|

now my question is

does anyone know what scale?
and key?

that he is playing i wanna play my own bit over the top as me and my band are covering it

anyideas will be great
almost all there songs are in D minor/major anything so long as they can use dropped d.
Dont get me wrong avenged sevenfold are an amazing band. but its a safe bet saying D minor/major.
Looks like A Minor to me. I don't think it is Drop-D (an interesting tuning for a pop band by the way).
there not a pop band, allthough there not metal, they used to be before the singer ****ed his voice, so now there just heavy punk.
A7X are too metal to be rock, too rockin' to be metal, and too awesome to be pop (or punk).

But yeah, D Minor all the way. Every Sevenfold song is D Minor (generalizing of course).
its only just a generalization, only real exception is scream. and just A7X's genre is 'awesome'
more or less watered down metalcore but yes they use mostly drop d and its in d minor
Ibanez SR 505
Brice Defiant 6 lizardburst (soon to have)
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
Boss GT10B (soon to have)
Big, catchy, commercial choruses, trendy image, popular stlye of music? Sounds like pop to me. I am not attacking the quality of the music though.

It might be D minor, but that solo could fit perfectly into A minor, with only one or two notes from outside the key. But D shows up in the rythm alot.
Quote by slayer1516
Big, catchy, commercial choruses, trendy image, popular stlye of music? Sounds like pop to me. I am not attacking the quality of the music though.

It might be D minor, but that solo could fit perfectly into A minor, with only one or two notes from outside the key. But D shows up in the rythm alot.

Erg, whatever. If you consider Avenged Sevenfold "pop" over Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera, or god forbid, Soulja Boy, then I doubt your intelligence.

Also:

A Minor: A B C D E F G

D Minor: D E F G A Bb C

It's a one-note difference. That's why A minor could fit. But it doesn't. It's D Minor. End of story.
It doesn't matter what genre A7X is. D minor works.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
It switches between D minor and A phrygian.
Also gates usually throws in passing tones or he flats the 5s and 9s. It's part of his jazz influence
Quote by Austyn6661
Erg, whatever. If you consider Avenged Sevenfold "pop" over Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera, or god forbid, Soulja Boy, then I doubt your intelligence.

Also:

A Minor: A B C D E F G

D Minor: D E F G A Bb C

It's a one-note difference. That's why A minor could fit. But it doesn't. It's D Minor. End of story.

You doubt my intelligance due to my personal musical opinion? I am not attacking your precious band. I made a passing comment, on which some people made a big deal out of. This is beside the point anyways.

I made a mistake, a half-step mistake. Everyone does. No need to be so hostile about it. Trying to fight over the internet does not increase the size of your dick, which so many people seem to think.