So my cab just went down on me. 2 days before a photoshoot and show as well. So i'm in a pickle!

My question is, would it be okay if i plug my head into a set of speakers? Like dj speakers or something?

I have a Mesa Dual rect solo head. I'm not sure on what the speakers are, but i was just wondering if it would work before i try it. Would it sound okay? Would it blow the speakers?

Any help is appreciated.
Sweet.
what do you think is in a cab??
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
you know alot of guitar shops will rent you equipment like cabs and heads? idk if guitar center does but its worth a look
The Dude abides
It's going to sound like crap. DJ speakers are NOT voiced for guitar. Buy/rent/borrow a good cab if you can.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Same rules apply as hooking them up to cabs.

Buy a new cab real quick. I don't know how a cab goes down, (I'm guessing blown speaker) so just buy a new speaker or borrow a cab
If you match the ohm rating, and have a safe wattage rating, then you should be fine in terms of "blowing" them or whatnot. Still wouldn't reccomend it, probably won't sound great.

And as for the photo shoot, photos don't make a sound
Quote by Mathamology
If you match the ohm rating, and have a safe wattage rating, then you should be fine in terms of "blowing" them or whatnot. Still wouldn't reccomend it, probably won't sound great.

And as for the photo shoot, photos don't make a sound

Okay so as long as it will produce a song then i aint fussed =]

Aye the picture wont make a sound, but i also have band practice on the same day and during the shoot.
Sweet.