well soon im getting a new amp and was planning on getting a peavey vypyr. the only thing is im not sure what size to get. i only play guitar for bedroom use so what would be enough or even too much wattage?
...there's a thread about amps stickied at the top of the page with the answer to this question. Thank you
If it's just for the bedroom, you'll be fine with the lowest wattage. I believe the highest is 75 watts? You'll only need that amount for practicing with a loud drummer, by my estimates. Not sure how loud the thing gets, but check out the only vyper thread here for more info on it.
although the 15 would be really good for what you want to do, i suggest upping it to the 30 because you get all those stompbox effects and a bigger speaker and some other extras.
Quote by Sonic Soundwave
although the 15 would be really good for what you want to do, i suggest upping it to the 30 because you get all those stompbox effects and a bigger speaker and some other extras.

This.

Peavey kinda forces you into getting the 30 if you want the effects and whatnot.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Honestly it doesnt matter when it comes to SS the tone sounds the same on a 15 watt as it does on a 75 watt. Because your volume doesnt affect how it sounds like a tube amp. Your mainly looking for features (example if the 30 watt has more like stated go with it unless you dont really need them) and if your going to be jamming or gigging later its best to get something with enough wattage to do so and not clip while trying to accomplish it.
15-30 if all your doing is bedroom stuff, 30 is even a little big.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
I would get a 30W. It's on my Christmas list.
I practice in my room and jam with my band. My Backstage won't last too long.
If you only practice in your room, 15 should be enough.
UG's AC/DC Lover
Quote by Sonic Soundwave

This and because the Sanpera pedals Peavey makes for the Vypyr series only work on the 30 and up. The Sanpera pedals have a built in wah pedal and allows you to work most of the features of the amp with your feet.
so basically i should get the 30 watt and the sanpera pedal because i planned on maybe buying a wah pedal with the amp?
Quote by Xx Andy xX
so basically i should get the 30 watt and the sanpera pedal because i planned on maybe buying a wah pedal with the amp?

The Sanpera pedals aren't out yet. Last I heard they'll be out around the middle of November. I'm gonna get one when they are released. On a side note the 30 is loud enough for you to jam with a drummer if you want to. I was surprised at how loud it is.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
The Sanpera pedals aren't out yet. Last I heard they'll be out around the middle of November. I'm gonna get one when they are released. On a side note the 30 is loud enough for you to jam with a drummer if you want to. I was surprised at how loud it is.

kl thanks a lot, ill get the vypyr 30 next time i get paid.
just wondering i was looking at the sanpera pedal and wasnt really sure about what it does exactly.
can u use it as a channel switch?
It switches between the presets that you store in the amp. I think that's good because you can use your favorite clean amp (like the Plxi model) and stomp a switch and go to your favorite distortion channel (like the 6505 model). I gonna try one when my local music store gets them and there's a good chance I'll buy one. When I get one I'll post more info on them. Right now there isn't much info on them (and only one picture on peavey.com).
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
It switches between the presets that you store in the amp. I think that's good because you can use your favorite clean amp (like the Plxi model) and stomp a switch and go to your favorite distortion channel (like the 6505 model). I gonna try one when my local music store gets them and there's a good chance I'll buy one. When I get one I'll post more info on them. Right now there isn't much info on them (and only one picture on peavey.com).

well if u get 1 it would be great if u reviewed it man.