I made a song today in 7/4 time. I was watching a video of Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, John Frusciante, and Flea jamming in some weird time, so I was like, "Hey, that's cool, I'll try that." I've been wanting to do odd times since we've been playing Afro Blue in my school's jazz band. Such a sweet drum beat.

But anyways, the song is called Seven/Four... very creative, I know. I'm definitely adding drums and other percussion into it, and a bass guitar, but I have neither of those things, so once I get to my friends house who has those, and better recording equipment, I'll upload it onto here.

I also have another one up that I made two summers ago when I was up all night cause I couldn't sleep. It's kinda weird, and not that great, but I like listening to it sometimes.

Tell me what you think! I'll crit4crit, if that's what the cool kids do...

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/guitarkid2113/music/
I like the intro alot, what effects are you using? The middle part is decent kinda choppy and not that melodic and the outro is a good start but i think you could develop more on that one riff. no structure to it what so ever, im sure you know that. It just seems like 3 different riffs. you have decent guitar riffs, keep workin on it, you have good ideas.

please check mine out as well (C4C):
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=986673
Quote by frusziger26
I like the intro alot, what effects are you using? The middle part is decent kinda choppy and not that melodic and the outro is a good start but i think you could develop more on that one riff. no structure to it what so ever, im sure you know that. It just seems like 3 different riffs. you have decent guitar riffs, keep workin on it, you have good ideas.

please check mine out as well (C4C):
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=986673

I'm just using a little bit of reverb, some distortion, and a preset called "Deep bass amp" on GarageBand. That's basically it.

And the little guitar chords that come in in the middle are just Gm barre chords with some phaser on it.

That's really all I used. But I'm definitely working on this bit a lot more tomorrow and hopefully the next day when I go to the friends house.

Colored Lines is a sweet song. I like the feeling it gives... kinda melancholy, sad but some happy at the same time. I like that distant something or other in the background, that just kinda goes up, up, up, down to make it sound minor. Can't really describe it any better... but I like the way the guitar riffs interlock with each other. Very melodic and relaxing. My myspace music player isn't working for me tonight too well, so it's skipping around, but I'll make sure to check it out again to look at your stuff. I dig that song.
Thanks bro, i think i know what you mean.
by the way i listened to your band in your profile you have some solid guitar riffs but it kinda seems like your drummer is trying to hard to stand out, it also seems like your trying to replicate the chili peppers too much. Its ok to start that way, but i think, in time, you have to find your own unique sound. Thats how bands get really big. I like the funky-ness tho.
Quote by frusziger26
Thanks bro, i think i know what you mean.
by the way i listened to your band in your profile you have some solid guitar riffs but it kinda seems like your drummer is trying to hard to stand out, it also seems like your trying to replicate the chili peppers too much. Its ok to start that way, but i think, in time, you have to find your own unique sound. Thats how bands get really big. I like the funky-ness tho.

Yeah, those were made a while ago... we're actually playing a gig at the Palladium in Worcester, Mass, but I know what you mean with the Chili Pepper-ness. It was basically the bands biggest influence and favorite band at the time, and they still are one of my biggest influences, but I'm moving on towards progressive now.

And the drummer, I know, he is very... colorful when he plays. But we have a new one who just kinda keeps the beat, and knows when to fill in, but besides that just kinda keeps back.

Unfortunately, we may break up after that one gig because one of the guitarist doesn't like the band or something... I don't know, he does it all the time, making bands, and ditching them, but whateva. /rant

Thanks for the listen!