so today I bought a set of dunlo icon wyldes and they suck horribly.the high e string broke as of tuning up and the tone is just absoloutley horrid.so I need recommendations of a new type of string to play, I play metal on a lp and prefer bigger strings 12,13's but decided to try 10's today and it just didnt work out so anything higer then an 11 will work
You're looking for another brand? Try D'Addario, they sound great on my LP, and feel better than any other strings i've tried.
yeah looking for new brands I like d 'addario's but the only ones they sell at my gc are jazz series and sound shit for metal
Yeah I am thinking alot about drs if I do are the dime bag HIgh voltage series any good or do the standard drs sound the same?
i was gonna mention my favorite brand, dean markley blue steel, but theyre extremely hard to get in anything higher than .10's.

in that case, try ernie balls power slinkies.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Ernie Ball Power Slinky, those are .011's
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Ernie Ball Skinny Tops Heavy Bottoms. Its a 10-52 set. I love them.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by devinb132
Yeah I am thinking alot about drs if I do are the dime bag HIgh voltage series any good or do the standard drs sound the same?

I'd get some Hi-Beams if I were you.
what about the les paul proper ones? or failing that i've got a set of fender super bullets 0.10 on my (custom made) LP and they sound amazing! in fact i prefer them to the actual les paul strings
I liked Gibson Pure Les Paul Strings. They were really good, too bad there weren't anything thicker than 10-46
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I think im gonna get a set of drs,do they make 13's or 12's?if not ill probably go with the ernie balls but from what i hear they rust and stuff rather quick is this true.I did use lp strings before but i started playing 12/13's and havent found anything with good tone yet besides d'addario jazz but they dont work for metal which is what I play now for the most part
Dunlop? My GC only had .09 and .10s, but yours might have bigger ones.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300