but I don't know how to read the schematic to get a parts list. Can anybody tell me how to read the schematic and give me a parts list.

Heres the schematic
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Things labeled R1, R2, etc. are resistors. They are labeled R2 or whatever to label them and tell them apart, and the number underneath this label is the value. C stands for capacitors. Q1 is a transistor, a BJT in this case. R5 is a potentiometer. D's are diodes. Those are the basics, but you should really research this before you begin; you don't seem to know much yet at all.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by lbj273
but I don't know how to read the schematic to get a parts list. Can anybody tell me how to read the schematic and give me a parts list.

Heres the schematic

i'd make sure and get some basic electronics under your belt before building and effects pedal. they aren't hard to do, i build a 10 band eq in about 2 hours, but you've gotta have the proper equipment. you'll need a soldering iron, solder, remover/wick, your components, a circuit or proto board, and a decent understanding of schematics and how basic connections work.

i can help you with anything you need, just send me a pm, but be sure you know what you're doing before you put it together because you could take out your amp or other effects pedals if you wire something incorrectly.
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
http://www.tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=94

If you're looking for a muff, ^ that would be the best bet. More complicated, but you can order the board and just everything where the picture show. (You'd have to order components/box) or http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=20&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=45 is a complete kit.
^^Which is why I asked how to read a schematic. I have done electrical work before, I know how to solder. I was just unsure as how to read the schematic.

EDIT: end citizen, I am looking for a simple project to start, I came across this schematic for the muff and it is supposed to be very basic.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Last edited by lbj273 at Oct 28, 2008,
Quote by AngusJimiKeith

Yeah... I should do that. I took the "Official" part out, but I guess that wasn't good enough.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster