Hi all,

I'm considering building a guitar cab and need some advice.

I have two home stereo enclosures that I'd like to turn into a guitar cab. The enclosures are about 2 - 2.25 cu. ft. in volume and house a 15" woofer, 4" mid, and a 1" tweeter. My plan is to unite the two enclosures on their sides, remove the mids and tweeters, seal the holes and replace the woofers with these 15" guitar speakers: Weber Blue Dog

I'm confident in my ability to do the conversion and wire it properly. I have a concern with the size of the speakers though. I'd like to utilize the 15's because it'll guarantee a lot of bottom end be quite unique, but I'm worried that the mids and high's wont be represented properly. The local guitar shop tells me to make my cab with a 15" on the bottom and two 12"s in the top enclosure....(?)

Those who have experience with this, please leave your thoughts and discussions about my 2x15 proposal.

Will the sonic range that’s required for classic rock lead and rhythm work be available with this design?

________
A 15" will be a lot less accurate and responsive, especially for guitar work, so I would counter with a 12".
15"? it should give you a fuller tone with more bass response, but it could be too muddy when compared to 12"
IMO 12" or 10" are great for guitar
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Is there any way you could squeeze a 10 into each box in place of the midrange and tweeter? Even an 8" guitar speaker would probably help to fill out your frequency response some. 15s alone won't necessarily sound bad, Fender used to make a 2x15" cabinet for I think the Dual Showman models. They will probably sound kind of saggy, though.