Hey guys I have a few questions.
After reading articles on amptone.com I had the idea that I could get 2 EQ pedals, one before the amp and the other in the effects loop. Is this necessary/useful? Or is 1 enough? Also is the quality difference between cheaper and more expensive EQ's worth it?

On to noise reduction. I have a bit of extra noise on my amp. Are there ways to get rid of it without buying a pedal? And if I do get a pedal, which one should I go for?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
instead of buying two, just get a 31 band and put it after you're amp and before the speakers. I like doing that best to add a little tweak.
/\/\ and what if i want to go cheapo? is the fish n chips good? or the boss eq and nr?
/\ 31 bands? isnt that major overkill for any guitar-related frequencies?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
31 bands can be overkill...unless you're ears are really really really good and you're a tone w*hore
2 eqs is also overkill, imo

and the dano fish n chips is a decent lil eq. go for it
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by pacoasterrider
instead of buying two, just get a 31 band and put it after you're amp and before the speakers. I like doing that best to add a little tweak.

Doesn't this involve using 2 speaker cables:

Head > EQ > Cabinet

Wouldn't the wattages going through the EQ damage it severely? Or did I just miss the point by a huge huge amount?
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
I don't know exactly, but I do know that the MXR 10 band is extremely good. Not only can it act as an EQ pedal, but a boost pedal as well.
Slightly off topic but still relevant: There's rack EQ's out there that are dual 15 bands. Does that mean you can use one output in your effects loôp, and one in front of the amp? If so, can you use the same settings? Because I've always heard that throwing an EQ in the effects loop acts a lot differently than in front of the amp.
gear:
-Ibanez ART 120 (w/EMG 81/85)
-Ibanez RG 1570
-Peavey 6505
-Tube-Town TTC 212V
-ISP Decimator G-String
-Maxon OD-9
-T-rex Fuel tank Junior

Coming soon:
-BBE Sonic Maximizer
-EQ
A lot of people are recommending the ISP Decimator.

I've never used it, but the other guitarist in my band uses a Boss NS-2. He's running a Peavey Valveking halfstack, and it lets out way too much noise. It cuts off the high pitched squeaks in his amp really well. As for tone sucking, I'm not too sure, since his amp doesn't have a whole lot of tone.

I use a boss GE-7 EQ, and I cannot really speak of it. I only boost the main volume for solos, because I love the tone my amp gives me. It does seem very versatile, though. Give all the EQ's a shot. From the Danelectro to the Boss to the MXR. Then use your ear to judge the rest.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
I lessthanthree the Danelectro Fish N' Chips. Great little EQ, especially for the price. Unless your getting the MXR one with a bajillion bands or whatever, get the Dano Fish N' Chips.

As for noise reduction, if you get a pedal, get the ISP Decimator. However, you could look at your cables, pups, and see if there's anything near your amp that could be generating unwanted sound. Computers and power cables near your amp can sometimes make unwanted noise, so take that into consideration before dishing out money for a pedal. I'm sure someone else could better explain all the electrical mumbo jumbo, though.
I've used a rack one between a amp and cab. Cutout all my low frequencys and controlled my highs a lot better. Im not sure what I was using but it worked fine. Just keep the volume down and make sure you're rack is running at unity gain. It can be overkill, but it's nice for fine-tuning and even eliminating some annoying feedback.

But in my opinion, there's no difference between the fish&chips and a Boss or MXR, so go with the 40$ Danelectro.