Hey guys,
I want to use a keyboard sustain pedal as a means to punch in/out (start/stop recording). I use Live as my recording software and use an M-Audio Fast Track Pro as an interface. The interface has instrument inputs, inserts, and outputs (these are the only ones that the 1/4 inch jack would fit in). Its where should I plug it in and is the process that simple? Do I have to change setting on my computer or something?

A man, a woman, and a bad musician walk into a bar...

Lady GaGa orders a beer.