Hey guys, hopefully I can get a couple pedals for the holiday season, and i was wondering what were your opinions of loop pedals (probably the boss rc-2 in my case). I really like the idea of a looper pedal so i can practice improv and such. But i also saw that delay pedals, such as the line 6 dl4 has many delay effects as well as a built in looper. Are the extra features in an only looper pedal worth it to get a separate pedals for looping and delay? or is it better to get the delay pedal that also has a looper feature?
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Hummingbird
Yamaha CG-101
Peavey Classic 30
thanks for the quick reply. Yea I really like how it works, plus it has plenty of delay types, but do you ever find that the looper is a little lacking? i believe its like 14 seconds of sound on sound recording or somthing like that. I wont need anything like the rc 20XL cause I doubt I'll be using the looper pedal in a live gig, so its mainly just for practice and jamming.
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Hummingbird
Yamaha CG-101
Peavey Classic 30
I have a Boss DD-20 Delay pedal that has 14 seconds of loop in it. You get alot of different delays along with the looper, It suits me fine for practice.
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Quote by FMNStratGuy
I have a Boss DD-20 Delay pedal that has 14 seconds of loop in it. You get alot of different delays along with the looper, It suits me fine for practice.

the DD-7 has up to 40 seconds...

Quote by mattman93
This, atheists talk about religion more then religious people.

Youtube
So it seems like most people are leaning toward the delay w/ the looping feature. haha thats messed up, why does the DD-7 have a longer loop time than the dd-20? and do you find that 14 seconds is long enough? Ive heard great things about the dl4 so im probably leaning to that or the dd-7 cause it is cheaper
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Hummingbird
Yamaha CG-101
Peavey Classic 30